Well over the past few years of solid playing, my frets, mainly the first -third ones are slightly indented with the pressure from the strings. Refretting a guitar can cost quiet a bit i think so i don't want to do that. I heard that you can reshape them or something to last a bit longer. Replies would be good thanks

You can maybe slightly see the indents here#

And heres the strat in general (going through re-stringing)
Thx
/CENTER]
Go to a luthier and get the frets dressed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I suppose i could take it to a shop and ask, there used to be one that did guitar repair and stuff but they got bust recently (soundcontrol) but i don't know any localish luthiers around
/CENTER]
yer just get a pro to sort it and maybe use heavier string in future if you want them to last a lil longer
I use gauge 11s, im a bit reluctant to go to 12s lol
/CENTER]
hahaha good point. just get then redone then. its a common problem with fenders and gibson because they have the big name they sometimes cut costs on simiple things thinking they can get away with it.
Alreets, next time i go to a shop ill ask them about it, how much would "dressing" cost around?
/CENTER]
I think last time I got it done it was about £90, including a setup and restring.

And how would heavier strings solve the problem? Heavier strings = more mass = more tension = more pressure required to fret strings = more friction = more wear on frets
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I think last time I got it done it was about £90, including a setup and restring.

And how would heavier strings solve the problem? Heavier strings = more mass = more tension = more pressure required to fret strings = more friction = more wear on frets

Thats what I thought about heavier strings as well xD
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
Thats what I thought about heavier strings as well xD

+1

Ask someone who knew the luthiers,and try to contact them.Theyre usually passioned people enjoying what they do and wont refuse you.At least thats what I assume.
Quote by szekelymihai
+1

Ask someone who knew the luthiers,and try to contact them.Theyre usually passioned people enjoying what they do and wont refuse you.At least thats what I assume.

Yeah thats good, I don't want to spend £90 on dressing, so i might just wait it out until they need refretting and get some good quality ones, like those Jim Dunlop ones xD
/CENTER]
Quote by steven seagull

Less pressure area
Thanks xD
Its a MIM
I stained the pickup covers and tone knobs slightly to give a slight vintage look =P
/CENTER]