after a ton of research i have decided to get my local guitar shop to do a mod on my LP. it is putting the humbuckers out of phase with each other by doing some rewiring in the control cavity, and adding a push/pull pot so that i can select the normal range of sounds, or the out of phase option.

can anyone tell me if this is a feasible mod and roughly how much would it cost?

thanks
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
to put a pick up out of phase just reverse the wiring on it the ground and black wire goto the switch and the other 1 to ground
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Take it to a guitar tech. If you're inexperienced you shoulden't get experience you don't want by ****ing up your Humbuckers. You take it to a guitar tech. He fixes it. You pay him. Your guitar is fixed. Shoulden't cost you more then uhm. Yeah.

Win-Win situation?
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Wigert
Take it to a guitar tech. If you're inexperienced you shoulden't get experience you don't want by ****ing up your Humbuckers. You take it to a guitar tech. He fixes it. You pay him. Your guitar is fixed. Shoulden't cost you more then uhm. Yeah.

Win-Win situation?

yes, thats what i intend to do. i dont know how to fix anything that needs tools and soldering irons and drills and stuff.

i also read that, when that type of rewiring is done, you should insulate the wire using "heat shrink tubing" otherwise when the wire touches something it will short out. i take it the tech would know this?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I would do it yourself. Technically, it's almost impossible to "**** up your humbuckers". They're very sturdy pickups that can last for decades. Ask any owner of a 50's Gibby.

Doing it yourself isn't hard, I do all my tech work myself. Think about this:
A push pull pot costs 10 bucks. Wire is like 2 bucks. That's all you need, any your tech will almost assuredly charge you more or around than 60-70 bucks.

As for your heat shrink question, it depends. I only use heatshrink when it's a connection that may move around, or that needs to fit tightly around something. Otherwise, it don't matter. You don't need to heatshrink everything.