i just received this today, plays great, and feels really solid and well built. it's a 98-99 American Deluxe, in the color that i have always wanted. the pickups were changed from vintage noiseless to fender custom shop 69's

it has 2 push pull pots. the middle tone control acts as a midrange control. the second tone control acts as a master tone for all pickups.

if you pull the first tone control, you get an out of phase sound like Brian May. if you pull the second tone knob, positions 2 and 4 get a much fatter sound, close to humbuckers. the guy who sold it, said he would describe it as almost like a low output PAF pickup (not identical of course)

EDIT: Here is a video of the features on this strat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBX8NY3rXI

now for pictures (this includes my other guitars as well)

http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Last edited by rich2k4 at Jun 28, 2008,
mmmmmmmmmm

That's the color I'm going to get mine in when I ever get the funds to get one. That or red.

Nice gitfiddle, man

EDIT: What type of nut is that? It looks like graphite or....... a metal.... lol

Is it graphite?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jun 28, 2008,
it's a lsr roller nut.

it only comes on the jeff beck strats, and the HSS setup american deluxes.

this used to be a HSS strat but the guy changed the pickups and wired the guitar so that you get humbucker like tones from both positions 2 and 4 instead of just a bridge humbucker.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that is a fuckin nice strat man, congrats, love the other ones to, Im gonna buy a MIJ tele when I get the cash
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
B-e-a-utiful guitar(s).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Bastard, making my collection feel inadequate. I don't even own a fender...

Ok fine, I have an Ibanez and a peavey but those aren't set up properly yet...
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
video added

^ Sounds great, and a beautiful axe.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows