ok so i have a Fender Standard Jazz bass. Ive had it for over a year. I have a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. I want to get an all maple neck instead. I also want to fix the action and the nut, because my A string falls off it occasionally.

how much do u think it would be at guitar center, or if im better off doing it myself so i dont have to pay a ****load of $.

pics: myspace.com/thesubverso
well, if you get a new neck, you'll probably want to get a new nut anyways.

nut problem fixed.

when you attach the new neck (make sure it's the same scale length!) and you do a setup, you can then adjust the action and intonation (saddle and truss adjust).

action problem fixed.

look up the thread just recently posted on finding guitar necks, there are some awesome links there for buying necks.
------

Shwiggity.
LMAOOOOO im retarded. but mainly i was wondering how much it would be. necks are pretty expensive. i might as well just save up for a new bass.
well, check ebay.

i bought a new neck for 50+S/H.

and check those sites in the forum mentioned above for neck options.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Derrikb
LMAOOOOO im retarded. but mainly i was wondering how much it would be. necks are pretty expensive. i might as well just save up for a new bass.

check out talkbass forum in the classified section then the accessories sub forum. People sell used guitar necks. Anywhere from no name necks to warmoth and fender.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Last edited by GnGonzalesjoe at Jun 29, 2008,