I lowered my guitar today so its more along my waist. I did it cause I kept catching the strings with my palm when I was strumming partially muting them which was ticking me off. My strumming hand just felt higher and less comfortable than its "natural" strumming position.

First off, I notice its slightly easier to play some things, and slightly harder to play others. My thumb tends to be forced more towards the back of the guitar (which they say you should do anyway).

Anyways, should I continue this way and try to adjust, or will it hurt my playing ability. I'm a 1 year guitarist as of july 4th
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Idk, but you shouldn't be having trouble strumming even with the guitar higher up. I would say go back to the length you had it and fix your strumming prob. and then you can try lowering it again.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Quote by uk.mace
wow, you remember the date you started? as for the question. i don't know, tryit and if it isn't working out for you - stop. simple as really

i remember the date i started.

some things will be harder to play with different strap heights; just choose one setting and keep on playing - it will get easier.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.