Hey dudes I just got an 05 SG standard on eBay a week ago and I just played a show with it on friday.

I notice theres sweat marks all over the body, their just like big stickyish spots and stuff, what should I use to polish it? Also, I cut my finger in the beginning of the set so I sprayed blood all over the pickups and pick guard the whole show, but I cleaned that off with a damp paper towel. How should I be taking care of this? Thanks, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
if you have sweat marks on your body, take a shower.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
I would have left the blood, 4 TEH BR00TALZ!

Just kidding, anyways, I use one of those shammy cloths that come with LCD TVs for cleaning fingerprints off the screen. It's really nice, it takes any finger oil/sweat off of the finish without any streaks. But, if I don't have that then I just use guitar polish and a soft washcloth.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
well, i have this gibson pump polish stuff, works an absolute treat gettin sweat marks off my les paul, i'm sure there's other brands that are just as good but i can assure the gibson pump polish will do the trick (have to be careful with other brands though as gibson have delicate finishes), good luck
if you go into a guitar shop and ask them "what do i need to polish, clean and maintain my guitar" and tell them what wood your fretboard is, they will set you up just fine.

there are polishes for the body, strings and fretboard and the most important one to take care of is the fretboard. if it is rosewood or ebony (basically uncoated open grain wood) then use lemon or linseed oil. there are plenty of guides and stuff on google and youtube; just look up some tutorials.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Hm. Usually my basses get that fretboard oil in the spray bottle on the fretboard, sometimes Windex for dusty corners/pickguards etc., and a coat of Meguiar's Show Car Glaze. I put it on a fine microfiber rag, comes out buttery and leaves the neck feeling real slippery.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
if you go into a guitar shop and ask them "what do i need to polish, clean and maintain my guitar" and tell them what wood your fretboard is, they will set you up just fine.

there are polishes for the body, strings and fretboard and the most important one to take care of is the fretboard. if it is rosewood or ebony (basically uncoated open grain wood) then use lemon or linseed oil. there are plenty of guides and stuff on google and youtube; just look up some tutorials.

I have kaisers? Lem oil. I read on the bottle not to do it often because it will dry it out. But I don't have a guitar store anywhere around here so thats why I asked what polish for the body to use here.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
My Epiphone Explorer bass is all gloss, no satin or stain, so that's why I use Meguiar's show car glaze on it. Buffs out real nice like I said earlier, since you don't have a guitar store around, perhaps using something like that might help. I've tried it on a satin but really I wouldn't want to wax up something that's already satin or stained. Go to the hardware store and look for different kinds of cleaners for that type of stuff I guess, something that won't be harsh on the paint or anything.
I would just used a soft cloth and guitar polish(I use Dunlop 65 but they are all generally the same)

You could use a slightly damp cloth also and it should clean it up decently.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
I would just used a soft cloth and guitar polish(I use Dunlop 65 but they are all generally the same)

You could use a slightly damp cloth also and it should clean it up decently.

That too. I keep thinking he wants a major shine to it, not just cleaning all the crud off.