I'm looking for a new amp. Basically it needs to have good cleans but break up slightly when you do crank it. It can't be more than 50 watts. A Head or combo is fine. Just need a really good jazz and blues tone. Price isn't really a factor, but lets just say under $2000. I've been looking at a few fender reissues (bassman and Vibrolux), but I've heard some bad reviews of the fender reissues.

Any suggestions?
Dude, I just got a Crate Palomino, and man, that thing is killer. I got the 30w head w/ the matching cab., and man for blues and jazz type stuff it's awesome. They discontinued the line though, so you'll prolly have to look at ebay or something like that.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Epiphone blues custom.
It might as well have been made for you.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
well with that kind of money yo could easily be able to afford a vintage fender check this website out.you just have to look hard .
well not really craigslist is your best friend.
Yea, I'm not really interested in looking for vintage amps. I need something that can handle some bumps and bangs. I do need to travel with this amp to practices and gigs. My Mesa handles this perfectly but I just need something that handles lower gain stuff.
Quote by mentalwarfare
Yea, I'm not really interested in looking for vintage amps. I need something that can handle some bumps and bangs. I do need to travel with this amp to practices and gigs. My Mesa handles this perfectly but I just need something that handles lower gain stuff.

Epiphone blues custom.
/thread
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
carvin amps, specifically the vintage 16 or bel air. but everyone just thinks "eww carvin" so disregard this post.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by mentalwarfare

well what more do you need than an amp that looks like its had some hard times and still runs to show you it can handle a beating.

EDIT:have you tried playing any of the amps youve mentioned and decied for yourself dont take reviews as law.
Last edited by blabermouth5 at Jun 28, 2008,