i am having some trouble adjusting the truss rod in my bass
the neck has too much relief
Tightening is what i need right? i want it to be less bowed

well the problem is that its just too hard, i have give it a 1/8 of turn, and its better but now is just too hard to tight, i loosed it a bit and it works fine but its really hard to tight it
any tips? or is this normal?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
you are bending hardwood with a screwdriver. it shouldn't be too easy.

I'm guessing the more expensive the bass, the easier to turn the truss rod, but something tells me they wouldn't like it if I walked into the local music shop and just started messing with the intonation.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i suggest taking it to the shop for a set-up. be sure to loosen the strings when tightening the truss rod. the truss rod adjustment nut requires a considerable amount of force to tighten(straighten). www.tunemybass.com.
look for the bass set-up guide.
I would say leave it. You are only supposed to move it about 1/8th each day. Try again tomorrow to see how it feels once the neck has settled a bit.
Quote by Bass-man43
I would say leave it. You are only supposed to move it about 1/8th each day. Try again tomorrow to see how it feels once the neck has settled a bit.

i have been moving it around 1/12 a day and after 2 days of not moving it its still hard
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Hmm, not sure what the problem would be. But i have a feeling that its been adjusted to as far as it will go. In that case im not sure what the next step would be. I would take it to a reliable guitar shop or luthier and have them look at it.