My last one was kind of vague so here's what I need:

I play Metal but occasionally dabble in other genres, I have 400$ish to spend but can go to 500 and at the moment I'm a bedroom bassist but might get into a band soon with small gigs.

EDIT: I'll play the sympathy card while I'm at it....I'm running a Behringer 90w Ultrabass....Please, think of my bass and it's future siblings. Suggestion me some nice amps.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 28, 2008,
Get an Ashdown.

I have the MAG 300H head and an Avatar 212, and at 8 ohms it's still pretty loud.
Quote by ele1122
Get an Ashdown.

I have the MAG 300H head and an Avatar 212, and at 8 ohms it's still pretty loud.

+1

Ashdowns are your best bet in that price range.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
I was looking at Ashdown a little....I wouldn't mind have a stack (Just to have a stack) but do you think a combo would be better? and I noticed the 600h and 300h are the same price, any idea why?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I was looking at Ashdown a little....I wouldn't mind have a stack (Just to have a stack) but do you think a combo would be better? and I noticed the 600h and 300h are the same price, any idea why?

Well would you be able to get a stack to gigs? I have a 4x10 cab and it can be a pain getting it to the venue.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
stacks bug me.
something about having to use two hands to carry a set up, even when it has wheels, makes me sad.

I dig simplicity.

if you really want a stack though, it has been established that I'm a weirdo, and you don't need to listen to my eccentricities.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I would also look into Warwick (Sweet 15 and 25). Very powerful for the advertised wattage. Very nice tone for the price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by BladeSlinger

I dunno why, but when I got mine, the 300H was cheaper. That's why I got it.

Now I feel bad... : (
Well I have to use two hands for my current amp but I'll probably get the combo because it's cheaper and I won't have to worry about carrying two things.....I really have nowhere to go but up lol.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls