Could anyone post a link of European countries legal drinking age I couldn't find one from google.

-cheers!
鋼の錬金術師
It's 21 in America.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by dubes216
a lot of places have no drinking age or its under 18

What the hell? We DO have drink limits everywhere.

16 is the norm, but 18 is the norm for spirits and wine may I correct someone above me.

England is straight up 18.

EDIT: I was correcting sashki.
Last edited by Craigo at Jun 28, 2008,
the general attitude in europe with alcohol is that you need to experience it in order to not hurt yourself (applying logic to real life? how un-american!). for example, the legal drinking age in russia is 18, but if youre 16, you can get it 90% of the time. just dont be shy
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
In Flanders (Belgium), they serve you alcohol at almost any age. But most barkeepers look after you. If they notice a 14 year old is getting drunk, they will most certainly refuse to serve you anymore. Officially it's 16 for beer and other low-alcohol drinks and 18 for the heavier stuff.
in denmark you can buy booze at the age of 16, but you need to be atleast 18 sometimes older to get into pubs etc.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
the general attitude in europe with alcohol is that you need to experience it in order to not hurt yourself (applying logic to real life? how un-american!). for example, the legal drinking age in russia is 18, but if youre 16, you can get it 90% of the time. just dont be shy

In pubs on days which aren't busy full of students it's easy to get served in the UK, I never had any problems.

But, yeah, whilst we're a lot stricter on drinking laws, we have the same kind of values in the households as most of Europe.
Quote by doggy_hat

it is legal to brew and distill your own beer and wine for commercial use or personal consumption. there are no "beer and wine licenses". its only illegal to make your own spirits. i dont know why.

actually, sorry, cant distill it. its a bad idea to distill beer and distilled wine is cognac, which is a spirit.

edit: IN AMERICA, no idea what it's like overseas
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by Craigo
In pubs on days which aren't busy full of students it's easy to get served in the UK, I never had any problems.

Yeah it was easy in my town. They needed all the money they could get.
Quote by steee21
Yeah it was easy in my town. They needed all the money they could get.

Damn straight. I hate paying 3.40 for a Newcastle Brown, but I know how harsh it is on pubs these days.
Portugal - 16
Still people will sell you even if you're 14...
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by doggy_hat
What? It's not Uninformative at all, it's one of the most reliable sources for info on drugs.

I just saw the page and made opinions on that which I stand by.

Eitherhoo, I found this on that site which is a lot more useful

http://www.icap.org/PolicyIssues/YoungPeoplesDrinking/AgeLawsTable/tabid/219/Default.aspx

Just filter out the non-European countries
Quote by Zeppelin256
It's 21 in America.

Yeah I hear that's a very interesting part of Europe.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
I'm off to Greece in just over a week, I'm 16 and want to know if I'll get served, and also how much it is for a beer over there. Anyne care to help me?