I've been playing guitar for about a year and my D string keeps snapping, it's snapped 3 times already. It snaps at the bridge and really annoys me. I have a Squier Strat so I don't know why it keeps snapping. Today. it snapped and I haven't even had these strings for more than 3 weeks. It may be because of the higher gauge I put on, I put on .010 this time instead of .009 just for a change. Any help would be appreciated because it's really starting to bug me.
Bring it too as music store and get a setup, they usually cost about $30 plus strings. Also putting on a higher gauge of strings may damage your guitar if you dont adjust the tension but im not sure about that.
It's probably a small sharp piece of something in the bridge that keeps cutting the string, take a very close look at the saddle and see if there's anything stuck there. If there's nothing there then get it set up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
same for me except i always snap my low e string at the tuner. kinda weird. it doesnt happen THAT frequently though.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
maybe the saddle is a little bit sharp. get a file and round out where the string passes. if that doesnt solve your problem, go to a shop
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's probably a small sharp piece of something in the bridge that keeps cutting the string, take a very close look at the saddle and see if there's anything stuck there. If there's nothing there then get it set up.

Exactly.
You can pick up new saddles from a guitar shop. I bought a new one for a few pence.

About 10p (20c ? )
Been away, am back