I'm a stranger to Fender, really, and so I need the expert opinion of people who know these two guitars quite well.

I used to be a Gibson fanboy until I actually started paying attention, and learning, about the guitar. It disappointed me, playing several LP customs, and just not enjoying them much at all.

And clearly there are other great brands too, but lately I've really been drawn to the Tele and Strat.

I know the stereotypes, Strat = blues and Tele = country, but what do you experienced players feel about them in comparison to one another?
I prefer playing blues type stuff on my Tele instead of my step dad's Strat......Tele's are usually brighter and Strats but you can make either do pretty much anything....I can get some good Rock tones from my Tele....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Strats can do pretty much anything, from Country to Metal. Teles are also very versatile, but they have their own unique sound. If you're looking into getting a Fender guitar but can't decide, I'd go for a Strat because it can do pretty much anything.
you can do pretty much anything with the two guitars. the telecaster is brighter and spanky. thats why it is liked for country so much. but the thing is, telecaster cut through very well in a band mix.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Hmm, interesting.

One of the reasons I took notice of the Telecaster, where I otherwise didn't, is that I noticed how many rock (and alt. rock) guitarists I like use them. The same goes for Stratocaster, too, but I'm quite surprised by how many use the Tele.

I wouldn't really need it to do metal or anything like that, because I already have a guitar I love for that. But considering that guitar has active humbucking pickups, I'm interested in getting a different sort of sound. I want something that can work really well in playing those different styles of rock (and maybe some blues, too).
Yup, I think they are both good guitars, my favourite is the Strat though!

But, I hate the look of Teles, they are just ugly to me.

So, if you are gonna buy one, I would get a Strat myself.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Country and blues are the Strat and Tele stereotypes, but as everyone else has said, they're some of the most versatile guitars out there. And American Telecasters are built like rocks.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Country and blues are the Strat and Tele stereotypes, but as everyone else has said, they're some of the most versatile guitars out there. And American Telecasters are built like rocks.

Even Highway Ones?
Quote by Delanoir
Hmm, interesting.

One of the reasons I took notice of the Telecaster, where I otherwise didn't, is that I noticed how many rock (and alt. rock) guitarists I like use them. The same goes for Stratocaster, too, but I'm quite surprised by how many use the Tele.

I wouldn't really need it to do metal or anything like that, because I already have a guitar I love for that. But considering that guitar has active humbucking pickups, I'm interested in getting a different sort of sound. I want something that can work really well in playing those different styles of rock (and maybe some blues, too).

Get the Tele.....Just because I like them more....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls