www.theisoscelesproject.com

The Isosceles Project has 4 epic new songs up from their latest EP entitled Oblivion's Candle, featuring the 14-minute prog monstrosity "Doppleganger." Could this be the new standard in prog music?
This is really great. The production is fantastic. You are definately up there. It is nice to see a prog rock band that puts as many good riffs into their long songs as their shorter, more accessible songs. Even the greats often fail on that point.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Absolutely fantastic. I really like it.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by Lin
This is really great. The production is fantastic. You are definately up there. It is nice to see a prog rock band that puts as many good riffs into their long songs as their shorter, more accessible songs. Even the greats often fail on that point.

Thanks, that's nice to hear. We've actually had people say the production is empty and lacking depth. Others say it needs a singer. Great to get lots of different opinions.
Most skilled band I have ever heard on UG. Absolutely mindblowing. Very similar to Liquid Tension Experiment.

Whooh! Just listened to all the songs. If you guys get a good singer, I have no doubt that you will be huge. It's great as instrumental, but it's easier to get signed when you have a vocalist.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Last edited by Deflection at Jun 29, 2008,
I knew it would be good when I saw you're from Toronto.

And I wasn't wrong. Damn, that's really intense. Great job, for real.

I'd say that if you got the right singer it'd sound great, but I really wouldn't say you NEED one. It takes more skill to tell a story and have a message without vocals, and I'd say you guys are doing a pretty good job of it.
Really great stuff!

Whispers in the Factory is the best track. Its not trying to be anything. Just pure great music. I love it.

I feel that "Doppleganger" is trying too hard to be heavier. But it still is great.

Where can I get some of these tunes?
Last edited by shredder1223 at Jul 14, 2008,
This is awesome.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Last edited by Guitar_Dan_666 at Jul 14, 2008,
Man, this is amazing.

My bands plays instrumental prog and we're from Hamilton, only we're not quite as good and much younger.

So I don't hi-jack this thread, I'll be sure to get my band to add you guys. Just look out for a group from Hamilton.. we could open for you guys?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by shredder1223
Really great stuff!

Whispers in the Factory is the best track. Its not trying to be anything. Just pure great music. I love it.

I feel that "Doppleganger" is trying too hard to be heavier. But it still is great.

Where can I get some of these tunes?

The EP isn't pressed yet, we're aiming for a september release. Right now you can download Doppleganger as well as two old demo tracks, The Tower and Irreconcilable from the myspace page. Not Whispers unfortunately
DUKE NUKKEM FTW!!! LMAFO I thought i was going to **** on myself when I heard that. Great job guys really good instrumentalists as said before, but I think the guitar would sound much heavier and thicker with humbuckers instead of single coils. That's just my 2 cents. Try it out and see if you think it sounds better. I believe it would make the guitar tone much better than it already is. Great job.

EDIT: Your drummer kicks major ass.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Last edited by mlkIII at Jul 19, 2008,
Thanks man!

But that quote at the beginning of the Tower is originally from an old horror movie called "They Live." It's a sample directly from the movie of Rowdy Rody Piper saying the line. Duke Nukem 3d was just a reference to it.

Also, Duke Nukem kicks ass.
Time to resurrect this thread to let everyone know we have CDs for sale now! Head on over to our website www.theisoscelesproject.com and hit the paypal link to order one. Or if you live close to Toronto you can just drop by our CD release party at Sneaky Dee's on February 13th and grab one there.