I have recently started doing exercises to improve my hammer-ons/pull offs... i have no problem with the hammers but recently i found out that i am supposed to actually pluck the string again and not just pull off

is it correct? when i try i always bend the note im pulling off into and it seems uneven and wrong. any advice on correct legato practice?

Thanks In Advance
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
It just takes time to develope the right timing of knowing just how much to bend down before the finger leaves the string. Just keep practicing it, and eventually it will feel more comfortable. Also remember to practice your legato using all of your fingers. Don't neglect any of them!
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Practice slow precise movements. Use the finger(s) on the left side to hold the string down while the pulling finger plucks the string. I used to be that way too but if you just give it some time it won't be long before it's natural to pluck/flick your finger the exact amount for a perfect mixture of efficiency and clear sound =)
ok thanks guys... gotta got practice my legato then!
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds