Page 1 of 2
I was thinking earlier, if they happened to find another Planet with the exact properties of Earth, which is possible, do you believe we will ever be able to reach it? If we could invent an item with the exact properties and density of light, we could travel at the speed of light, therefore being able to reach almost anywhere.

Now according to the Bible, 2 People started all life on Earth, ( Adam & Eve), so going by this logic, if we could get 2 fertilised eggs inside an item that could travel to a different Planet, whilst being able to withstand the pressure of being exposed to this amount of G's, we could restart all of Human civilisation (sp?)-- according to the Bible.

Now this pretty much proves that the Adam and Eve story can't be true, because with the 2 people from the above theory, they could only create 1 further generation, then we would become incest* and if they kept reproducing, we could eventually become so genetically warped that we may become the epitimy (sp?) of what people believe Aliens to look like.

* No silly remarks about incest please.

Now also, the Bible, I believe, says we should be married to have Children, and without a Church Minister to marry the 2 people when they get of age, they couldn't have children, whilst remaining true to the bible. If there was nobody to marry Adam and Eve, God created people that HAD to go against his word.

Does anybody agree with this theory? Or have any opinions?

P.S. Sorry that this turned out to be about religion, it started with me wanting to discus creating an object that could carry life to another Planet, but then the other thoughts entered my head.
Yeah, there could be another world exactly like the earth in a parrallel world or something.
Einstein is rotating in his grave because of your first paragraph.

And in case god exists, what would keep him from marrying Adam and Eve on another planet?
rofl yeah lets restart the human civilization with only 2 people! I can tell you those babies will look pretty messed up when all the inbreeding starts to kick in.

married to your sister etc.

And uhmm I highly doubt we will reach other systems that have planets which can sustain life. Not only is the nearest star like WTF-many light years away, you do know what a light year is right? very very very very very far away, even if we manage to travel at the speed of light someday, while the universe is expanding I don't think we can do the star trek/Stargate stuff. Our only hope imo to travel thru time and space in the future is via wormholes. Which is purely sci-fi ammirite?
I think the whole point of the "adam & eve" story was to show that man was made/made into something above other creatures by God, not that you could actually populate a planet with two organisms.
But thanks anyway for the Christian bashing.
EDIT: And yeah, according to Evolutionary processes, the only reason you exist is incest. I hope that makes you feel better. Also, the Bible refers to sex within spiritual marriage - IE, mutual lifelong devotion and such. "Marriage" as we think of it, with the rings and all, is only a ceremony signifying a spiritual conjoining.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Last edited by Metal0Maniac at Jun 28, 2008,
some scientist believe or human genetic code is s minute in variations that at one point in human history there were only about 10 or so women. So incest most likely already has happened.
well in the case that other life in the universe was discovered.....i think it would be the end of all the major religions on earth....being that it would disprove about...everything we have ever been told
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
The bible is an interesting read, and if you actually did read it (sorry i don't mean this as mean) you would see that what you believe the bible says is not actually what it says. If you read Genesis, you would see that Adam and Eve had several hundred children, and they would be so different genetically that the most different of them could mate and reproduce. This is also believed to be why there are different races (caucasian, black, asian, latino, etc.)

And no, according to the Bible what you say is NOT possible, with the two fertilized eggs and such etc.

And what you say about God creating people that go against his word are true. Adam and Eve had but one thing they couldn't do, and that was to eat from the Tree of Good and Evil, but they did anyway, therefore bringing sin into the world. Adam and Eve DID go against God, and as punishment were cast out of the Garden of Eden. (the bible does not say whether they were saved later on or not)

Sorry if i didn't answer your question
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
well in the case that other life in the universe was discovered.....i think it would be the end of all the major religions on earth....being that it would disprove about...everything we have ever been told

Explain this reasoning, sir.

IMO, this should go to the Religion thread.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by condork
You do know that most stories in the Bible are representative? Including Adam and Eve sooo.... no

Well I'm just thinking of things to disprove the Bible, I personally can't stand any Religion, but not many people can see how ridiculous every printed story is?

Quote by TheQuailman
Einstein is rotating in his grave because of your first paragraph.

And in case god exists, what would keep him from marrying Adam and Eve on another planet?

God is supposedly A Non-Physical Entity which could not appear directly, therefore not being able to Marry.

Quote by freedoms_stain
You don't know much about embryo development do you?

You need a womb for fertilised eggs to grow, that means a laydee.

I was assuming People would assume that there was some kind of prostetic Womb that can develop the embryos, the way things are going these days this idea doesn't seem too weird.

Quote by CliffIsAngry
rofl yeah lets restart the human civilization with only 2 people! I can tell you those babies will look pretty messed up when all the inbreeding starts to kick in.

married to your sister etc.

And uhmm I highly doubt we will reach other systems that have planets which can sustain life. Not only is the nearest star like WTF-many light years away, you do know what a light year is right? very very very very very far away, even if we manage to travel at the speed of light someday, while the universe is expanding I don't think we can do the star trek/Stargate stuff. Our only hope imo to travel thru time and space in the future is via wormholes. Which is purely sci-fi ammirite?

Well Adam & Eve supposedly did it , and yes, I do know what a light year is, but I'm thinking along the what if? lines, Anything Is possible, within reason. Nobody can say for certain that Another variation of life won't appear and give us the technology to make this scenario possible.

About time travel, Stars are so far away that even if they exploded we won't know for a long time, therefore we are seeing something that does NOT exist, which in it self is time travel, in a very minute form.
Quote by c_man471
The bible is an interesting read, and if you actually did read it (sorry i don't mean this as mean) you would see that what you believe the bible says is not actually what it says. If you read Genesis, you would see that Adam and Eve had several hundred children, and they would be so different genetically that the most different of them could mate and reproduce. This is also believed to be why there are different races (caucasian, black, asian, latino, etc.)
Genetics not your strong point I take it.
ugh, don't take the bible literally, its basically a book of fables with morals to them to help people make good decisions. I.e you should wait till your married to have kids( very good advice I might add, not the no premerital sex, because sex is good), be good to eachother, share, help your fellow man, ect.

The bible was meant to guide people and to model yourself by a person who personifies all the morals in the bible, i.e Jesus.

So don't take the bible in the literal sense that everything in it is true. Its not, it is a book of stories to guide people.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
you do know that adam and eve populated the earth because they were kicked out of the garden of eden because they went against the bible, right? so pretty much your argument has just been countered. fail.
it's funny to hear people talk about evolutionary biology when they actually know nothing.
Quote by dandadog
I was assuming People would assume that there was some kind of prostetic Womb that can develop the embryos, the way things are going these days this idea doesn't seem too weird.
Oh there are prosthetic wombs, but one has never brought an organism to full term as they've all been aborted as none of the organisms developed properly and they thought it immoral to let such a thing be born.
For reference, everything I am saying from the Bible, is coming directely from my RE teachers, who have told me each of the stories, and the story they have told me is that Adam and Eve were the first Humans, The theory of the 7-800 Babies, I have not heard before.
Quote by litelbrown
some scientist believe or human genetic code is s minute in variations that at one point in human history there were only about 10 or so women. So incest most likely already has happened.

More thank likely? If every person (grouped into brothers and sisters) has a lineage which did not cross itself at all, there would have been more people responsible for you being alive at one point in time than the total number of humans who have ever existed.

Humans are not genetically diverse at all. However, we are just above the level where excessive inbreeding leads to massive susceptability to a disease in entire populations, yet.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by condork
You do know that most stories in the Bible are representative? Including Adam and Eve sooo.... no

Quote by angus is god
ugh, don't take the bible literally, its basically a book of fables with morals to them to help people make good decisions.
The bible was meant to guide people and to model yourself by a person who personifies all the morals in the bible, i.e Jesus.

So don't take the bible in the literal sense that everything in it is true. Its not, it is a book of stories to guide people.

Lol.
They're only metaphors in this day and age because we have scientific discoveries that prove the Bible otherwise. About 150 years ago or so, the Bible was taken word for word.
Ahh...Virtue Ethics...shame that it's quite hard to have all the virtues that the Bible claimed Jesus had.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by dandadog
God is supposedly A Non-Physical Entity which could not appear directly, therefore not being able to Marry.

From what I know, god is supposed to be the creator of physics and therefore not depended on them. He can vary them in any way he wishes, being able to gain a physical appearance and marry whomever he wants to marry.

Quote by Yngwi3
Lol.
They're only metaphors in this day and age because we have scientific discoveries that prove the Bible otherwise. About 150 years ago or so, the Bible was taken word for word.

Some people do so to this day. As weird as may sound to most people nowadays.
Quote by dandadog
For reference, everything I am saying from the Bible, is coming directely from my RE teachers, who have told me each of the stories, and the story they have told me is that Adam and Eve were the first Humans, The theory of the 7-800 Babies, I have not heard before.
That theory is creationist bull.
im an atheist but i would just like to say that the bible doesn't say there were JUST Adam and Eve that god or God or whatever created, he could have done more after, in fact Kain find a bride in the land that he was banished to.

Also there is alot of incest in the bible so...
Lol.

tell me of these scientific discoveries, please. because from what i've heard, scientists have eventually failed at disproving the bible in every case.
Quote by dandadog
Well I'm just thinking of things to disprove the Bible, I personally can't stand any Religion, but not many people can see how ridiculous every printed story is?

Well Adam & Eve supposedly did it , and yes, I do know what a light year is, but I'm thinking along the what if? lines, Anything Is possible, within reason. Nobody can say for certain that Another variation of life won't appear and give us the technology to make this scenario possible.

About time travel, Stars are so far away that even if they exploded we won't know for a long time, therefore we are seeing something that does NOT exist, which in it self is time travel, in a very minute form.
wHY CAN'T YOU STAND RELIGION?
iF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE bIBLE YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
i UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE BUT YOU SHOULDN';T BE SO CLOSED ABOUT THINGS

tHE bIBLE WAS WRITTEN 2000-1700 YEARS AGO, JUST THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A BIT NOW.

And bollocks just realised it was in caps and cant be bothered to retype it.

P.S
You reeally can't disprove all of the Bible so stop trying
Quote by TheQuailman
From what I know, god is supposed to be the creator of physics and therefore not depended on them. He can vary them in any way he wishes, being able to gain a physical appearance and marry whomever he wants to marry.

Lulz.

I bet he Can't put a roundtrees Fruit Pastille in his mouth without chewing it though. ( Only U.K. people will get that )
Quote by TheQuailman
Some people do so to this day. As weird as may sound to most people nowadays.

They do indeed. I was just relating to a time where it was the majority that took it word for word rather than a minority But very valid point.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by condork
wHY CAN'T YOU STAND RELIGION?
iF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE bIBLE YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
i UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE BUT YOU SHOULDN';T BE SO CLOSED ABOUT THINGS

tHE bIBLE WAS WRITTEN 2000-1700 YEARS AGO, JUST THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A BIT NOW.

And bollocks just realised it was in caps and cant be bothered to retype it.

P.S
You reeally can't disprove all of the Bible so stop trying

Oops, I phrased that wrong, I meant I can't stand a Religion dictating MY life, I have no problem with other people being led by religion.

Quote by Yngwi3
They do indeed. I was just relating to a time where it was the majority that took it word for word rather than a minority But very valid point.

And yes, this entire argument is aimed at the Fundamentalists that believe every word to be true.
There are too many holes in that post for me to actually bother pointing out what's wrong with it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't wanna start quoting because I have to quote many people here.

uhmm about Adam and Eve having several hundred children "explaining" different races, that's impossible as you can only pass on half your chromosones. 23 each right? And you can't create a race that is not your own. A race is dependant on where you live because life is different, exposure to the sun, cold, light, dark, moist etc. All many factors that define how you will look like ofcourse over great amount of time.

And about the time travel, yeah, stars are so far away that if they were to explode we wouldn't notice until after a long time. Could be fun if we someday discovered how to travel faster than the snail speed we are going thru in space today, however I highly doubt we will seeing the way the world is, imo if we are to advance in space we need atleast nuclear power to boost us, because it has the ability to last longer than our current fuel being used today. However Nuclear facilities are being banned today due to the threat of nuclear weapons. So already there I doubt we will go beyond Mars.

last and not least. About the scientists that claim that in the beginning we weren't that many, hence why inbreed isn't a big issue. imo that's bull****. I don't think that the human race started as a few, because in our evolution we have always been plenty, just like there are plenty of monkeys, I don't see the possibility of being a succesful species suddenly plummeting to an endangered species (only 10-15 left?!?!?!) then evolve to be the greatest species the earth has ever seen.

Am I making ANY sense here? feel free to correct me

(Boondock Saints @ tv )
Light has no density. It is impossible to create a substance that has mass and the same properties as light. Besides that, your body wouldn't be able to travel at the speed of light.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

TO THE GUY ABOVE ME:
Races are not different species of human. It is possible for two white humans to have descendants that are black or asian, depending on geography and evolution.
Quote by dandadog
Oops, I phrased that wrong, I meant I can't stand a Religion dictating MY life, I have no problem with other people being led by religion.

No probs mate.
Just my view is so many people are really closed to stuff like religion and are too quick to just say ', pfft religion is BS' Not saying that you are saying that its just a lot of people are. I like to keep myself open, I go to a Catholic school and it doesn't dictate me in anyway, all the Bible says ultimately is to be a good person. But its in serious need of updating to modern society.

P.S I laugh at people who thinkss Jesus wasn't a real person.... cause they gotta look up on some things. Its just a question whether he's the son of God or not.
If you take the bible seriously and literally in the 21st century of science and logic, you might want to consider getting your brains checked.

=)
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Shamwich
Light has no density. It is impossible to create a substance that has mass and the same properties as light. Besides that, your body wouldn't be able to travel at the speed of light.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

TO THE GUY ABOVE ME:
Races are not different species of human. It is possible for two white humans to have descendants that are black or asian, depending on geography and evolution.

not saying that race = species.
to explain my reasoning.....
the creationist theory would basically be disproven..
by having these other forms of life.....unless they came to us with a christian belief system, would basically support evolution theory. It accepts the fact that life can randomly occur as long as the conditions are present for this to happen, thus no need for a grand creator
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
this has probably already been posted, but the adam and eve story is nearly entirely metaphorical.
Page 1 of 2