ok, so I bought this used stephens MOAB20-RB at the local guitar store, it was a great amp at high volumes and I loved it... but I was playing it a little to crazy I guess, I played all that day, the next morning I woke up played a few riffs and it died right there. I've checked, and its not the guitar, and I dont think its the cable because the onboard tuner still works. I think it could be a speaker, fuse, or "transformer" whatever that is, my friend said that might be it.

could you help me identify the problem and the cost of fixing it? Many thanks

-Van
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

What do you mean by "died"?
No sound, does the amp not turn on, etc?

If the amp just doesn't turn on, it's probably just a fuse. And, is this a Solid state or tube amp?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
its a solid state, by died i mean it will turn on but zero sound comes out, not even the buzz and crackle... pictures on profile
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 28, 2008,
check all the cables and wires you can find
also maybe go through and test the wires for cognuity with a volt tester
I brought it back to the local store I bought it from, the guys were great, they hooked me up witha $240 fender for only 20 bucks more. not bad since I only payed 80 for the stephens
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

...the Fender FM15DSP? It's not really that terrible if you don't need distortion, but 240 bucks? What the hell?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Why didn't you just get a decent amp for that much?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Dont go thinking the store lost money on the fender they are all of 149 new. Never even heard of a stephens amp. Not finding anything on the net about em. But 80 bucks doesnt buy much of an amp anymore.
Stephens must be really old, I called the number on the back of the amp, they sent me to about 3 different places, which eventually ended in a dead end.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie