Ok, well Im sure there has been a bunch of threads about this in the past. But when I did a search I didnt come up with anything.

Now Im one of the people who thinks music was better in the mid 90's, but its a music that has long since been limited to the ocassional airtime now and back sections of music stores.

So what are some of your favorite songs of the mid 90's Alternative genre?
lol

HARVEY DANGER

that was the band

EDIT: Ah,yes, my post deleting's got you on the backfoot now,eh ?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I thought soundgarden were pretty damn good.

EDIT:
Quote by Kami-sama
no you

Thank you for such a profound contribution.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by alex_haeni
I thought soundgarden were pretty damn good.

EDIT:

Thank you for such a profound contribution.

no you, thank you
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Fixed.

i like them all anyway, but it was their most popular song. I'm assuming you are someone that hates the song with a passion because the chord progression sounds similar to other songs. amirite?
Quote by HohnJ723
i like them all anyway, but it was their most popular song. I'm assuming you are someone that hates the song with a passion because the chord progression sounds similar to other songs. amirite?

Actually no. I mean, I don't HATE the song, I just don't like it. Its just my least favorite Nirvana song.

I try not to be one of those "Imma hardcore HXC Nirvana fan by not liking their popular songs!!!!!111111" guys.
90's Alt is good music...Blind Melon was good.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I love grunge. That is all.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by The_Paranoia
Actually no. I mean, I don't HATE the song, I just don't like it. Its just my least favorite Nirvana song.

I try not to be one of those "Imma hardcore HXC Nirvana fan by not liking their popular songs!!!!!111111" guys.

It's actually an extremely well crafted song, it's just been overplayed to death. You'd probably feel the exact same way about Breed if it had been played just as much.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Fastball - The Way. Of course I don't know any of there other songs but I love that one.

and whether we like to admit it or not, every nineties kid squealed like a little girl whenever Smash Mouth's "Allstar" came on the radio.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Quote by Santeria420
Fastball - The Way. Of course I don't know any of there other songs but I love that one.

and whether we like to admit it or not, every nineties kid squealed like a little girl whenever Smash Mouth's "Allstar" came on the radio.

every kid except this one. Good God
i love got me wrong by alice in chains. and i like date rape by sublime.

I would say some stuff by metallica but none of it was ever that good during the 90s.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by TC1223
every kid except this one. Good God

I feel for you, man. That song was like the plague.

NIN. Probably my favorite nineties band.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Jeff Buckley, man. Grace.
Also I consider Gov't Mule alternative to a lot of popular music at the time. Live at Roseland's my favorite album by them.
I'd go with Nirvana, and especially with Smells Like Teen Spirit, one of my favorite songs. Verse Chorus Verse is my favorite song of all time.

EDIT: And Kyuss, they're not alternative, but different from the nineties stuff.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Jun 28, 2008,
Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, The Offspring, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Ok, well Im sure there has been a bunch of threads about this in the past. But when I did a search I didnt come up with anything.

Now Im one of the people who thinks music was better in the mid 90's, but its a music that has long since been limited to the ocassional airtime now and back sections of music stores.

So what are some of your favorite songs of the mid 90's Alternative genre?

Anything by Nirvana obviosly!
Quote by Small Print

Practically anything off this.

+1

also pavement, blur, sonic youth and radiohead
there's a whole forum for discussion of alternative music in Bands & Artists
from daylight...
...into darkness