Page 1 of 2
SO what does everybody think of this years acts so far?

SO far i think the only reasonable acts are ; Wombats, James Blunt

Jay Z is on right now, mixing 'Back in black' with '99 Problems'

What do you think so far UG?
can you tell me what this "Glastonbury" is you talk about ??
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.
^ Yeah, they were great. And Kings of Leon, Band of Horses, and Duffy.
It's gonna be a blue day
'Ive only enjoyed Kol, Manu Chao and we are scientists really. Not watching jay-z now I'll catch that later.
Quote by smb
I'm glad I didn't waste the money this year. Everything has been really, really poor.

Same as Download from what I saw on teh interw3bs.

Been a bad year for festivals so far.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Smaller stages seem to be where its at this year at Glastonbury, shame they dont do TV footage of it.

Hopefully Reading will be a little better.

The enemy were decent mind.
Last edited by DanRev at Jun 29, 2008,
racontours were semi good and the kings of leon were ace. also biffy were a lil mental too lol
crap bands, its indie, Amy Winehouse was in it ¬¬ and worst of all because i have like 5 TV channels due to rubbish cable, the festival takes over like 3 of em all at the same time all day for a few days so far. i would personally love it if the festival blew up killing them all. thread/
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
biffy were the best so far imo. thought the raconteurs were sh*t, jay z was worse, and i thought that the ting tings were surprisingly good
My name is Danny. Call me that.
oh and plus... i saw some black guys rapping to AC/DC... theres something wrong with the world.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
i thought the line up was pretty good this year
im amazed that the brian jonestown massacre are on the main stage- i hope they get filmed
vetiver are playing as well.
now extra flamey
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh and plus... i saw some black guys rapping to AC/DC... theres something wrong with the world.

I thought it worked very well actually
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by kwidjibo1

I know.

Who the hell would choose AC/DC?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
jay-z miming to wonderwall was very funny as well
now extra flamey
Quote by kwidjibo1

Yeah but its definately not that
I enjoyed Jay-Z.

And Kings of Leon, Neil Diamond and Jimmy Cliff.

Amy Winehouse was just funny with her punching fans and falling over and what else.

The rest has been pretty awful (from what they've shown)
Can someone please tell me the name of the band that played glastonbury yesterday, there was a blonde woman singing, who used a megaphone at the end of the song, and a guy who played drums on a guitar case. They didn't play on stage, I just saw them on tv and they played a song in front of jo whiley and another guy, I desperatelt need to get that song they played. Did anyone see the bbc's coverage of Glastonbury and happen to see this band I'm talking about?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I've not seen much, but I'm just about to watch Jay-Z on BBC iPlayer.

Kings Of Leon were alright. I saw Dizzee Rascal doing an awesome acoustic bit on Friday night with Calvin Harris, and it was well funny when Winehouse hit that guy.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Kings of Leon made me ejaculate.

And when The Verve come on, oh its gonna get messy.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Its like almost over now lol, the vere are only left to play
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Jay Z is on right now, mixing 'Back in black' with '99 Problems'

Because he can write an original song for sh*t
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Ikey
jay-z miming to wonderwall was very funny as well

He wasn't miming.

Jay-Z was surprising really good, imo. Okay, maybe he didn't give a set of completely original songs or anything, but that isn't the be-all and end-all of music you know.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Because he can write an original song for sh*t

Get out.

Jay-Z was great, I really can't decide if he was better than KOL or not, it may just be the whole atmosphere surrounding it that made it so great, not that the performance was anything short of spectacular
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Jay Z was ****. Got bored a few songs into it.

His beats are alright, but he's a completely mediocre rapper.
Quote by blue_strat
He wasn't miming.

Jay-Z was surprising really good, imo. Okay, maybe he didn't give a set of completely original songs or anything, but that isn't the be-all and end-all of music you know.

I'm about half way through his set now - up to Show Me What You Got.

I didn't expect too much, but he's an awesome choice to headline. Much better than having someone like Oasis, Coldplay or Radiohead again.

That one with the Panjabi MC sample was amazing, whatever it's called.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
I heard Duffy was brilliant. Would be pretty cool to see her live. Glad Biffy got a headline slot too, although I'd be torn between watching them and Jay-Z had I been there.

Quote by kwidjibo1
crap bands, its indie, Amy Winehouse was in it ¬¬ and worst of all because i have like 5 TV channels due to rubbish cable, the festival takes over like 3 of em all at the same time all day for a few days so far. i would personally love it if the festival blew up killing them all. thread/

lol fail.
Rufus Wainwright is ****ing hilarious "I'm so stoned now you cant believe... that was a joke by the way, dont do drugs kids."
The enemy are one of the few new indie bands I like.

They seem to consistantly put on good shows, one bloke I know saw them at the Astoria and said it was the best gig he's ever been too (and he's 30-something and racked up a few gigs in his time).
Well its all over.

Groove Armada were decent. They didnt play At the river though, so that sucks.
Quote by bob farrell
Can someone please tell me the name of the band that played glastonbury yesterday, there was a blonde woman singing, who used a megaphone at the end of the song, and a guy who played drums on a guitar case. They didn't play on stage, I just saw them on tv and they played a song in front of jo whiley and another guy, I desperatelt need to get that song they played. Did anyone see the bbc's coverage of Glastonbury and happen to see this band I'm talking about?

did they sing a song called thats not my name? ting tings

always the same bull****e at glastonbury..pathetic radio 1 indie bands, generic electro band who are there due to tv advert, token world music who everyone feels sorry for because they are poor and some piss take washed up crooner.
Quote by tuwyci
did they sing a song called thats not my name? ting tings

always the same bull****e at glastonbury..pathetic radio 1 indie bands, generic electro band who are there due to tv advert, token world music who everyone feels sorry for because they are poor and some piss take washed up crooner.

Generic electro band?

Have you seen the dance stage? *mouth waters* Loads of dubstep.

Plus Chemical Brothers last year, were absolutely... fucking... amazing.
Quote by DanRev
Generic electro band?

Have you seen the dance stage? *mouth waters* Loads of dubstep.

Plus Chemical Brothers last year, were absolutely... fucking... amazing.

i like stuff like aphex twin, underworld, dj shadow etc but i guess its an enditement on music in general there are so many bland bands out there these days
Quote by bob farrell

Lykke Li.
It's gonna be a blue day
Page 1 of 2