I want to start investing in some pedals in the near future since I have nothing in the way of effects or pedals for my bass.

What pedals do you guys think would be useful in a modern rock band? I’m thinking some sort of overdrive/distortion, chorus, a tuner and an EQ pedal. Is there anything else that I’m missing here?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
Don't make a pedal board for the sake of having a pedal board. Get one to redefine your sound and make yours unique.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
envelope filter or an autowah depending on your style. Chorus and eq would be useful, but OD is up to you, I'd skip it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Ranxston
Don't make a pedal board for the sake of having a pedal board. Get one to redefine your sound and make yours unique.

By no means am i getting one just for the sake of it I want to add some "colour" to my tone. Also I'm not just trying to copy everyone elses setups I'm trying to get a general idea as to what my pedalboard should contain.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
Quote by fortysix&2
envelope filter or an autowah depending on your style. Chorus and eq would be useful, but OD is up to you, I'd skip it.

Cheers for the help but what exactly does an envelope filter do?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
If you've got a couple pedals running together, you might want to consider slapping a noise gate on there, but I'm not too knowledgeable about pedals.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
Quote by Ripper_66
Cheers for the help but what exactly does an envelope filter do?

It is an automatic wah where the sweep is based on the dynamics of your playing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
get a fuzz.
better than overdrive in my opinion.
but that's me.

I also like some reverb.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
get a fuzz.
better than overdrive in my opinion.
but that's me.

I also like some reverb.

I'm the opposite. A good overdrive is far more useful in my eyes than a fuzz. All about personal choice.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Okay in my band (2 guitarists) I've found I can find a use for my chorus fairly often, and my wah can be used in a few situations also. However, I have not used my Digitech Bass Driver in ANY of our songs. Granted, it isn't the best distortion/OD/fuzz out there, but its decent, and I've found even a little OD tends to muddy up the mix a little. But maybe a better amp and better pedal would yield better results.
If you don't want it, you don't need it. You sound too green effects-wise to get anything above and beyond a DigiTech multi-fx or similar to verse yourself with effects. Once you know what the effects are and what they do, buy individual pedals from there.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
not the digitech! he should go with almost anything else on multi-fx.
then he won't sound horrid if he plays anything on it live. there are only like 2 tones that don't sound horrid on those digitechs.

I don't know or care how they did it, all I know is they are horrible.

i should have thought of a multi-fx.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well I thought about a multi-FX but I figured it would be a waste of money since I would quickly want to replace it, is a multi-FX a step I can't skip out then would you say?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
If you know what singular pedals you want. I.e. overdrive/ fuzz, envelope filter, wah, etc. then yes, I'd skip the Multi-FX. I got one and I only use it for messing around and tuning. It had NO place in the band setting as the effects were poor IMO. And that was the Zoom B2, not the cheapest of Multi-FX.
signature
if you get a good quality multi fx, it is worth it. it will not be as good as havig all the seperate pedals, but it will work for now. I use a Boss ME20B. it is pretty good.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard