so I was crusing around craigslist and found a marshall vs100rh head and fender cab for $350 and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these amps. It said it was tube pregain but SS power. Anyway im in the market for a tube amp and didnt know if this was a good amp to buy or if I should pass or get the new line 6 tubes (really like but its $$$) I play a lot of metal and want a good overdrive channel with good distortion.
What is your total budget for a new amp? To be honest I think the Marshall is a valve-state and therefore not actually a tube amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last time I checked, the Valvestate marshalls weren't that bad. They're miles better than the MG.
But, I think you'd be happier with a Bugera or Randall RG50tc
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Last time I checked, the Valvestate marshalls weren't that bad. They're miles better than the MG.

That's true but they're still overpriced by miles and incomparable to a true tube amp; it's all a gimmick.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i have the $ for the line 6 ($700) but if I can get away with spending less ill be happy. And I played the randall and i thought it sucked, thats just me. But yeah I think ill just go play it and see for myself.
i play a lot of metal (megadeth, pantera, metallica...) but i thought the tone was really bad on the randall, it sounded really flat to me. but like i said, thats just my opinin