Tommorrow I am going to Guitar center to try out a couple guitars so i have a better idea of what i wanna save up for. I play metal, love emgs, love low tuning(preferably Drop B), distortion, rosewood fretboards, etc.
There are 4 guitars i plan on trying out,

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
BC Rich Deluxe Jr V
Ibanez S7320

Are there any other guitars i should try out?
I have a budget of 850 and a big fan of Ibanez.

Also dont flame me for liking Drop B or EMGs, ive gotten alot of immaturity from people about my tuning

Edit: Links, vids, soundclips are optional but kickass!
Last edited by Luizza69 at Jun 28, 2008,
try some ESP's out, most of them have emgs, they have alot of great models in the 850 dollar price range
Quote by espplayer400
try some ESP's out, most of them have emgs, they have alot of great models in the 850 dollar price range

Too bad Guitar Center doesn't carry ESP's...shame.
Quote by mrvile
Too bad Guitar Center doesn't carry ESP's...shame.

ooh, sorry, forgot about that
I was thinking that maybe a 7-String is a good investment because then i have some low sounds to explore with without awkwardly tuning to Drop B. My strings usually snap when i tune back up to Standard or drop D.
try out some jackson's. specifically the dinky series and since you like ibanez check out the ibanez rg1570 or the rg2550z(little bit out of your price range)
Quote by ironman1478
try out some jackson's. specifically the dinky series and since you like ibanez check out the ibanez rg1570 or the rg2550z(little bit out of your price range)

Do you have any specific Jackson models?
o.k. im not trying to do an ad here, but you should probably go tonight. im going cuz there having a huge sale till midnight. here's the link: http://gc.guitarcenter.com/double-midnight-madness/

sorry if this was bad.
Quote by Underjoggle
My guitar is made from the wood of Christ's cross. With strings made of his beard hair.
Quote by Schmoove
o.k. im not trying to do an ad here, but you should probably go tonight. im going cuz there having a huge sale till midnight. here's the link: http://gc.guitarcenter.com/double-midnight-madness/

sorry if this was bad.

Thats like a dream come true but the problem is i only have like 100$ saved up, i have to get a job and save for the rest
go for the BC
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
ohh and they dont have the Nj V's at the stores. u most phone them and ask them send them to the store
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
play a blackjack atx and a hellraiser through a good amp....u might change ur mind about emgs
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
metal + EMGs = Ibanez RG
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I like the S. Problem is, with the ZR trem I don't think you'll be able to downtune to drop A or something if you wanted to. A 7 is definitely the best way for you to go though, look at the Schecter Hellraiser 7, Demon 7 and Damien 7.

If you want to go Ibanez, (which I strongly recommend) the S7320 is a great guitar. The RG7321 with a pickup change is also pretty damn good for the money. Also, if you can, get a used Japanese made RG.

Tremolo models-

RG7420
RG7620

The fixed bridge models are just the same, but with a 1 at the end instead of a 0.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I like the S. Problem is, with the ZR trem I don't think you'll be able to downtune to drop A or something if you wanted to. A 7 is definitely the best way for you to go though, look at the Schecter Hellraiser 7, Demon 7 and Damien 7.

If you want to go Ibanez, (which I strongly recommend) the S7320 is a great guitar. The RG7321 with a pickup change is also pretty damn good for the money. Also, if you can, get a used Japanese made RG.

Tremolo models-

RG7420
RG7620

The fixed bridge models are just the same, but with a 1 at the end instead of a 0.

+1, except for the RG7420, it's the 7 string version of the RG4X0 series...
And the S has the same pickups as the RG7321, it's just that body thickness (and cavities) and type of wood make the guitars sound different.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
+1, except for the RG7420, it's the 7 string version of the RG4X0 series...
And the S has the same pickups as the RG7321, it's just that body thickness (and cavities) and type of wood make the guitars sound different.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... I believe the S is mahogany and the RG is basswood. Also the S only has 22 frets.

Personally, I'd get the 7321. I'm not a big trem person and only 22 frets would annoy me. But thats just me... ask the 7 string legion and maybe PM hmmm_de_hum, I'm pretty sure he has an S7320.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Oh yeah, I forgot about that... I believe the S is mahogany and the RG is basswood. Also the S only has 22 frets.

Personally, I'd get the 7321. I'm not a big trem person and only 22 frets would annoy me. But thats just me... ask the 7 string legion and maybe PM hmmm_de_hum, I'm pretty sure he has an S7320.

Can you give me some prices on the guitars you recommended?
Im having net trouble because of a damn storm.
And whats the best out of the Schecter 7 Strings? Can you tell me some of the differences between them?
I also kinda dislike Schecter necks while i love Ibanez necks, but for me its all about the sound.
Where is this mysterious 7 String legion?
Will you forgive me for giving you enough questions to suffocate a small child?
Quote by Luizza69
Can you give me some prices on the guitars you recommended?
Im having net trouble because of a damn storm.
And whats the best out of the Schecter 7 Strings? Can you tell me some of the differences between them?
I also kinda dislike Schecter necks while i love Ibanez necks, but for me its all about the sound.
Where is this mysterious 7 String legion?
Will you forgive me for giving you enough questions to suffocate a small child?

These are off Musicians friend (I'm English, so I'm not sure about US guitar sites, sorry)-

1. Ibanez RG7321- $400

* Wizard II-7
* 5pc. Maple/ walnut neck material
* Basswood body
* 24/jumbo frets
* Bound rosewood finger board
* Fixed 7 bridge
* IBZ INF3 humbucker neck pu
* IBZ INF4 humbucker bridge pu
* Pearl dot inlay

2. Ibanez S7320- $700

* Ibanez ZR 7-string tremolo bridge
* Maple/walnut 5-ply neck
* Ibanez AH for 7-string humbucker pickups
* 22 Frets
* Mahogany Body
* Pearl dot Inlays
* Rosewood Fretboard

Schecter 7s-

The best out of those I mentioned is probably the C7 Hellraiser-$700-750

* Set-neck construction with ultra-access cutaway
* 26.5" scale
* Mahogany body
* Mahogany neck
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 24 X-jumbo frets
* Gothic cross position markers
* EMG 707TW pickups
* Push/pull knob for single- coil
* Volume/volume/tone controls
* 3-way pickup switch
* Thru-body TonePros bridge
* Abalone binding on Black Cherry & White, Gray Pearl Binding on Black
* Grover tuners
* Gloss black finish

You can compare the specs... its probably better for the money than the S but Schecter have a lot thicker necks. They're not unplayable, but for me personally, they aren't really that comfortable. I love Ibby necks.

The 7 string legion is a thread consisting of all the 7 stringers on the site, they'll answer your question probably better than I do! My brother has a 7321 though, so I know what I'm on about to a certain extent.

And no worries man, happy to help

EDIT- 7 string legion

EDIT2- Its 2:00 am here, so I'm going to bed. If you need any more help, I'll be after my lesson tomorrow.
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Tom_hatton
These are off Musicians friend (I'm English, so I'm not sure about US guitar sites, sorry)-

1. Ibanez RG7321- $400

* Wizard II-7
* 5pc. Maple/ walnut neck material
* Basswood body
* 24/jumbo frets
* Bound rosewood finger board
* Fixed 7 bridge
* IBZ INF3 humbucker neck pu
* IBZ INF4 humbucker bridge pu
* Pearl dot inlay

2. Ibanez S7320- $700

* Ibanez ZR 7-string tremolo bridge
* Maple/walnut 5-ply neck
* Ibanez AH for 7-string humbucker pickups
* 22 Frets
* Mahogany Body
* Pearl dot Inlays
* Rosewood Fretboard

Schecter 7s-

The best out of those I mentioned is probably the C7 Hellraiser-$700-750

* Set-neck construction with ultra-access cutaway
* 26.5" scale
* Mahogany body
* Mahogany neck
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 24 X-jumbo frets
* Gothic cross position markers
* EMG 707TW pickups
* Push/pull knob for single- coil
* Volume/volume/tone controls
* 3-way pickup switch
* Thru-body TonePros bridge
* Abalone binding on Black Cherry & White, Gray Pearl Binding on Black
* Grover tuners
* Gloss black finish

You can compare the specs... its probably better for the money than the S but Schecter have a lot thicker necks. They're not unplayable, but for me personally, they aren't really that comfortable. I love Ibby necks.

The 7 string legion is a thread consisting of all the 7 stringers on the site, they'll answer your question probably better than I do! My brother has a 7321 though, so I know what I'm on about to a certain extent.

And no worries man, happy to help

EDIT- 7 string legion

EDIT2- Its 2:00 am here, so I'm going to bed. If you need any more help, I'll be after my lesson tomorrow.

Wow, this helped ALOT
Thanks, ill tell you how guitar center goes tommorrow
Last edited by Luizza69 at Jun 28, 2008,