probably because ur a beginner and ur fingers arent versatile wnough yet. youll get it in due time.
Doesn't sound like you're using proper hand position. Is your thumb on the bottom of the neck? Your ring finger shouldn't be muting the E string, if your posture is correct.
i sucked at Dm for a long ass time to but after playing guitar for about...5 monthes, your fingers will be able to stretch further so then you'll get it. or keep practicing just forming the chord and move your fingers where they should be. thats how i learned barre chords
Well the key question is why do you have problems in D minor? Is it because you have a limited knowledge of the key itself and useable scales or is it a physical problem of some kind?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well the key question is why do you have problems in D minor? Is it because you have a limited knowledge of the key itself and useable scales or is it a physical problem of some kind?

I take it you didn't listen to the clip.
Quote by bobmagnet
I take it you didn't listen to the clip.

Not really, you said "in D minor" so I assumed it was an improv problem, not with a single chord.

Arch your fingers more and make sure your thumb is in the middle of the back of the neck.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Not really, you said "in D minor" so I assumed it was an improv problem, not with a single chord.

Arch your fingers more and make sure your thumb is in the middle of the back of the neck.

Noted. Also, did you listen to How the West Was Won?
Quote by rbouchard47
why is TS bANNED?

He's not, he just finds it funny to put that as his title.

Anyway, make sure your thumb is positioned around the middle of the neck as if you were pinching it, use your middle finger for the G string, your ring finger for the B string and your index finger for the E string.

Dm is not a hard chord, you shouldn't be having trouble with it at all, perhaps getting a teacher to correct your bad habits will help.