(I changed my question for this thread.)

EDIT: Has anyone tried the ibanez jetking? What are your opinions? Good guitars?
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Jul 19, 2008,
Jtk 3 has really hot humbuckers and a cheap bigsby

The jtk 4 has soap bars

Jtk 2 (the one that I have) has an axis humbucker in the bridge instead of a super 58 (which are in the Jtk1 and 3) but the Jtk2 has coil splits so you get single coil tones as well as humbucker tones.

And no the p-90's are in the same shape as a humbucker
I don't even shred
I recently had the change to pickup a jetking 1, still brand new! It really has a nice sound, very close to a Les Paul.

As for how it plays, the neck is wide (for an Ibanez) but I like it that way because I have large hands. Factory setup was a bit high to my liking, but adjusting the truss rod just a little fixed that.

Stock pups are Ibanez powersound pickups, and they do pack a lot of power! I'm gonna change the tuners to Gotoh Vintage tuners with Magnum Lock, but that's only because I want locking tuners. The stock tuners stay in tune pretty good.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
i had a jetking 2 for a while. i liked it but i also had an epiphone LP with coil taps at the same time so there was a bit of overlap.

loved the build quality for the price. sounded nice too.
Thank you please.
Idk which one I played, it was blue, no bigsby and had humbuckers.

Great playing guitar. Liked it alot, and I liked the body shape as well. If I had the money I might have bought it and slapped a new bridge pup into it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I have a JTK-2 and its nice and versatile, pretty good tone too - as people have said, they are quite close to a les paul, sound wise, except the coil splits allow you to have a tele-like twang in addition to that. they are pretty heavy to hold though - not a problem for me personally, but some people do dislike weighty guitars. Great sustain, i might add.

The one thing i will say against it is that the fretboard radius and bridge radius don't seem to match too well, i used to get dead notes from string bends higher up the neck even though the action was set quite high, and i had to set it just a little higher - so if you like low action, i wouldn't recommend it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I bought a Jetking 4 last week, and I love it. It's my Christmas present, but I bought it now so I won't have to worry about it being in stock later in December. I'm going to put it away though, and not touch it until Christmas (or I'll try my hardest lol).

So far I tried it out to make sure I like it, and I do! It's really comfortable to play, the neck is fast and easy, and the tone is sweet too. Like what you guys said, it does sound a lot like a Les Paul. The JTK4 has the bigsby, which is cool too. All in all, a very well built instrument.

I've been in need of a good double humbucker guitar with the 25.5 scale I like better, so I have a feeling I'm gonna really like the Jetking. Great for what I play, which is classic rock, blues, blues-rock and indie garage.
Quote by Underjoggle
I have a 2007 JTK2.

It is sex with six strings.

to be honest, i think they were only made in 2007.. they weren't in production for very long.

edit: i mean the one with the hotter stock bridge humbucker was only made for a short period of time. Mine happens to be one of these guitars, too
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.