i just got a razorback with emgs and my amp doesnt recognize the pickups so it has zero distortion. the amp is a spyder III. then i played it on my friends spyder II and it was fine, how do i fix this on my amp?
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean that when you plug in to the distortion channel you get no distortion? As in it sounds clean? Or do you mean you get no sound at all?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i get no distortion, its just clean, and i already switched out the battery in the emgs
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
i get no distortion, its just clean, and i already switched out the battery in the emgs

Have you changed the channel on the amp? The amp doesn't change channel based on the type of pickups you have...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yea ive tried that, still nothing....
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
yea ive tried that, still nothing....

Well it definitely sounds like a fault with the amp but I have no idea what, the only thing I can think to try would be to try with other guitars on your amp and if it still doesn't work take it to a tech and get it fixed.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
it works with all my other guitars, just not the dean
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Try pressing CTRL + F5, if that doesn't work try a different USB port...

I'd say that your 9v battery for the EMGs needs replacing
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
nah i already replaced the battery
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
You haven't accidentally knocked the gain knob back, or got the noise gate set too high have you?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
nah hte gain knob is straight, and i have no idea what a noise gate is
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
yea check the noise gate on the spider?

is your volume knob up all the way??

could be the preset your using?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
nah its not that, ill plug in the dean and and it has no distortion, not change anything on the amp, plug in my shcecter, and it has distortion
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
nah its not that, ill plug in the dean and and it has no distortion, not change anything on the amp, plug in my shcecter, and it has distortion

Did you check the knobs on your dean?

perhaps the volume knob is low, so it sounds like there's no distortion.
What the hell...? I've never heard of something like this, have you tryed the dean on another amp? Could be the input jack or something.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
nah i havnt tried that, maybe the chord cant handle all the power of an emg... that may be it
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
There is no special EMG guitar cable. If the volume is all the way up and other guitars work. Then its sounds like your new guitar needs to go back to get fixed.
its the wiring in the guitar if it applies only to the dean

were the emgs an aftermarket installation?? if so go back to the place you got them installed and have them rewire it or if you did it yourself take another look at the wiring diagram
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
i figured it out, the input jack wont go all the way in on the dean, i just need a new cable
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab