Hi, a little while ago my friend put on some stickers that came in a box of strings I had on my guitar. They looked good at first but then I tried to take them off and when I did, they didn't actually come off and when they did it left a big white kind of residue on the guitar from where it is... here's a pic:

If you could tell me the best solution for getting the remains of the label off that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Get a hair dryer and put it on the really hot setting and file it off gently with a razor blade
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Do you have a bottle of Goo-Gone? A rag and a bottle of Goo-Gone works wonders for sticker residue. It's how I got the sticker off MY guitar.
Or if you're careful, a damp sponge?
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
get as much of the sticker off as possible. then just a little fingernail polish remover. it will remove any polish from your guitar. so polish it when your done.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm thinking of removing stickers from the back of my Schechter, it just says "Set up to play by Schechter USA" with a mark on it.

But anyways, I want to remove it, but could that somehow affect how much it'd be worth if I ever wanted to sell it?

I'm just concerned cause it kind of looks like some kind of inspection-related thing.
Has anyone tried using 91% isopropyl alcohol? I imagine it would work better than just water, and I feel like it is probably also healthier for the guitar. I'm not too sure though, I've never tried it.
Quote by Armanno
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm thinking of removing stickers from the back of my Schechter, it just says "Set up to play by Schechter USA" with a mark on it.

But anyways, I want to remove it, but could that somehow affect how much it'd be worth if I ever wanted to sell it?

I'm just concerned cause it kind of looks like some kind of inspection-related thing.

get rid of it.
Quote by Dwardom
Get a hair dryer and put it on the really hot setting and file it off gently with a razor blade

You'll destroy the finish. The clear will expand, contract as it cools, and crack. Your best bet is rubbing alcohol, which has never failed me if you put in a little elbow grease.
Quote by FireMadeFlesh
Do you have a bottle of Goo-Gone? A rag and a bottle of Goo-Gone works wonders for sticker residue. It's how I got the sticker off MY guitar.

+1

that stuff is wonderful
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

get a blow dryer and something flat, like a metal ruler and get it off SLOWLY
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
goo gone will probably work. Nail polish remover will probably also remove your finish.

Veggie oil will work as well.