Hey peoples, Im gonna get an Epiphone Les Paul Special II ([Here's a pic ). and I wanna add a pickguard to it, but I wanted to know if a pickguard could be added, since it doesn't come with one, so if anyone knows anything about this, post something.
Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.
Quote by SamuraiDanny
Hey peoples, Im gonna get an Epiphone Les Paul Special II ([Here's a pic ). and I wanna add a pickguard to it, but I wanted to know if a pickguard could be added, since it doesn't come with one, so if anyone knows anything about this, post something.

why do you want one
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
why in the world would you want a pick guard they pretty much look retarded on most guitars. (strats may be the only guitars i like with them)
Mainly its for show, you know, make it look more like a authentic Gibson LP with the pickguard, I just wanted to know, cause I don't really need it anyway.
Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.
It can be.
Of course, you'd need to cut out the holes for the pickups, and sand those off with 220 to prevent from scratching the guitar, then you'd need to drill pilot holes for the screws to go in, so it doesn't splinter the wood. Also, you're gonna need to find one WITHOUT the pickup holes already cut out, such as a fender pick guard.
EDIT: What kind of pick guard? A gibson style or fender style?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Don't think you can put one on. If you look at the pic of your guitar and then a pic of an epiphone les paul with a pickguard, you need to do a bit of work. If you don't mind putting modifying your guitar body, then go ahead and try. I suggest going to your local guitar store and talk to the tech there.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Here's a link to Stew Mac for one with hardware.

<http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Les_Paul_style_pickguards/1/Pickguards_for_Les_Paul_Guitars/Pictures.html#details>
The only risk would be the distance between the two PUs on your special not being the same as a Les Paul and the flat top vs the arched LP top may make the install a little more tricky. I'm not really sure though.
Moving on.....
it'll be better to just save up and get an epiphone lp with a pickguard instead of going through all that trouble.
I've seen it done. It's easy. You people think it's like putting one on a Strat. You need to align the pickguard and drill holes for the screw on the body and the bracket for the guard. You may need to modify it slightly if there is a control knob in the way but it should fit fine otherwise.
Get one for a SG special.
It'll fit and look jut fine.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by aznrockerdude
No RG pickguards?

RG?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by Iansmitchell
RG?

Ibanez RG.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have a special ii

an lp pickguard cannot be fitted, because the volume knob is in the way.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Just make a pickguard. The LP Special is a flat top so it shouldn't be too much hassle.
Quote by ViperScale
why in the world would you want a pick guard they pretty much look retarded on most guitars. (strats may be the only guitars i like with them)

not to mention the ibanez rg450dx in black with the sexy mirror pick guard
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar