Ok at my local long and mcquade they the Jackson Dinky dkmg which I was looking at and seems great for metal like I want to play. But then I was looking around and I saw they have a used ibanez rg2550z for $750, normal price being around $900 i think.

Is it worth paying the extra $50 for this used guitar, it has absolutely so marks from what I can see, its basically brand new.

How do the 2 bridges compare?

I really just can't decide if I should buy the jackson over the ibanez, the emgs are probably better for metal but I also want the option to play some classic rock once in a while.
Personally I'd say the extra $50 is definitely worth it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah... Unless you're a dwarf you should get the RG. Jackson's necks are tiny IMHO, and should only be played by 80 - 90s metal guitar gods such as Marty Friedman.

Go for the RG. And btw, 900 - 750 = 150.

(Or maybe you meant that the RG was 50$ more then the Jackson?)
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
As far as resale goes,... the Jackson is new and will take a hit as soon as you buy it (just like a new car) but the Ibanez has already had areduction based on its being used already. Therefore the Ibanez will probably retain it's value so I say "Yes" it's worth an extra $50.00 if it's in mint condition. Check the neck as well as the finsh. Maybe the store will also give you a warranty?
Moving on.....
Quote by Wigert
Yeah... Unless you're a dwarf you should get the RG. Jackson's necks are tiny IMHO, and should only be played by 80 - 90s metal guitar gods such as Marty Friedman.

Go for the RG. And btw, 900 - 750 = 150.

(Or maybe you meant that the RG was 50$ more then the Jackson?)

Yes the jackson is $700 and the ibanez is $750, hence the $50 more.

I tried out both of them and they are both comfortable but the ibanez has the "tapered" edge where you rest your forearm, whereas the jackson just has an edge.
Last edited by Copilot911 at Jun 28, 2008,