Page 1 of 2
Hey UG, i really dont have anyone else to talk to so im asking you guys for your advice,
Over the last 2 and a half years ive been in a constant battle with my parents about my friends, they think they are bad for me and i tell them that they dont know em like i do and they are not as bad as they think.

Today we had another fight and i was invited to "pack a bag and get the **** out" Should i take this offer and get some time away? or is there another route i should take? The move wouldnt be permanent

if you need anymore background info let me know im 16 btw
Last edited by Boojeah at Jun 28, 2008,
Quit being such a kid?

I see that Bob Marley avatar. Put down the pipe and move on, your parents are parents and they know what's best for you a lot more than you do, friends or not. Just stop arguing, you don't EVER have to argue back. That's what I did :/

Keep your mouth shut, chin high, and your nose clean.
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
how old are you?

edit: not meant to be mocking or anything, serious question.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
finish school/college and then move
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

im 16 to.

Do what im doing, and just act like your not seeing them, meanwhile start up a bank account and save some money for when you turn 18, or if you live in america, 21, so you can start renting out a ****ty apartment
Being free of your parents does you a huge amount of good; seriously. It really boosts your confidence, your feeling of maturity, responsibility, all that.

I can't think of any reason you shouldn't at least spend a couple weeks away; you just might be a little young to make it permanent.
Quote by Raven
Quit being such a kid?

I see that Bob Marley avatar. Put down the pipe and move on, your parents are parents and they know what's best for you a lot more than you do, friends or not. Just stop arguing, you don't EVER have to argue back. That's what I did :/

How far leaves fall, etc etc...
Last edited by Vermintide at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Raven
Quit being such a kid?

this man won the thread in one very sensible post. good job.
If you're old enough, move in with a friend who's over 18 and lay low for a little while. Frankly, contrary to what adults think, they can be wrong. (By adults, I mean older adults.)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Raven
Quit being such a kid?

Not everyone who listens to Bob Marley smokes....

Everyone has freedom of speech. Speak your mind to your parents.

Some parents are pieces of **** while some are not.
Quote by Raven*
Quit being such a kid?

Oh shut up, just because they are parents does not mean they know whats best for you.

But anyways TS, You have to do what YOU think is best for you. If you can leave and will have a way to support yourself, and a place to stay then do it. I've had my parents invite me to many times before. The same ****ers have also threatened to institutionalize me. Just for agueing with them and having different opinions than them on what I should do with my life.
sorry, there must be somthing wrong with you if you can't talk to your friends about this and your parents are probably right..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Raven
Quit being such a kid?

First off, dont judge a book by its cover, or a user by their avatar, reggae is one of my favourite genres, these friendships arent built around drugs, weve been friends for 7-8 years so before you make a smartass post dig a little deeper!
at 16, i wouldn't advise it.

life is a big learning curve. you're not going to like, or even get on with, everyone in your working environment(s) which you'll be in for a good 40 years or so. you need to patch up on social skills now to make the rest of life easier.

everyone hates their parents at some point, but at the end of the day, they brought you into the world and gave you food, shelter and an education so they would much rather you stayed and said "thank you" for dinner and other things than actually go away not come back for a while, particularly at 16.

ps. this post isn't intended to be condescending in any way.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Shib
sorry, there must be somthing wrong with you if you can't talk to your friends about this and your parents are probably right..

When did i state that i havent talked to my friends about this? they all know of the drama in my life and all believe that its ridiculous that i cant be around them
Quote by Boojeah
First off, dont judge a book by its cover, or a user by their avatar, reggae is one of my favourite genres, these friendships arent built around drugs, weve been friends for 7-8 years so before you make a smartass post dig a little deeper!

Couldnt of said it better.
Like I said. See if you can't go stay with a friend or relative for a little while to let things cool off, and people clear their heads.

However, it would be a very rash thing to do to leave for good.
Quote by Sol9989
at 16, i wouldn't advise it.

life is a big learning curve. you're not going to like, or even get on with, everyone in your working environment(s) which you'll be in for a good 40 years or so. you need to patch up on social skills now to make the rest of life easier.

everyone hates their parents at some point, but at the end of the day, they brought you into the world and gave you food, shelter and an education so they would much rather you stayed and said "thank you" for dinner and other things than actually go away not come back for a while, particularly at 16.

ps. this post isn't intended to be condescending in any way.

I agree to a point, i understand how much they provide for me, but i have no social life, ive spent the last year alone unless im at school, minus the odd weekend i have a different friend out. I strongly feel they cannot choose who i have a friendship with and im tired ive being alone, angry and sad
Quote by Boojeah
Hey UG, i really dont have anyone else to talk to so im asking you guys for your advice,
Over the last 2 and a half years ive been in a constant battle with my parents about my friends, they think they are bad for me and i tell them that they dont know em like i do and they are not as bad as they think.

Today we had another fight and i was invited to "pack a bag and get the **** out" Should i take this offer and get some time away? or is there another route i should take? The move wouldnt be permanent

if you need anymore background info let me know im 16 btw

There's your problem. The solution? Don't be 16.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by darthteet
There's your problem. The solution? Don't be 16.

Thanks for that constructive post
I've been in a situation like this before, I was prepered to move out to my nans but it never came to it.

However my mum told me we might be moving to the otherside of the country, I really don't want to move so if it comes to it I'm more then prepered to move into my grandparents.

My advise, if its bothering you that badly talk to your parents and other family members about moving in with them. Or round here these a couple of youth groups working on getting teenagers started on there own feet, they set teenagers up witha flat and benifets untill they find a job (if clients don't try for a job they stop sending them benifets). If theres anything simler in your area I surgest looking into it.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Boojeah
Thanks for that constructive post

Anytime. Any more problems that you'd like me to solve for you?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
Anytime. Any more problems that you'd like me to solve for you?

Heres an idea, leave the thread and stop being an asshat.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny
Heres an idea, leave the thread and stop being an asshat.

That was more of a suggestion, rather than a problem.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
That was more of a suggestion, rather than a problem.

A suggestion to the solution of a problem?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Quote by eldanny
A suggestion to the solution of a problem?

I didn't start a thread whining about being a teenager.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
I didn't start a thread whining about being a teenager.

Problems that adults don't face are still problems. People need to realise this.

My bestfreind not only argues with her parents but her dad has pretty much disowned her for smoking, he bosses her around and shots at her, he can't stand that fact shes a lesbian. This has gotten so bad its destroying her metal health, shes seeing about 3 diffrent phycologists about this and has been told she only has only has about 15% of her memory left.

But shes just another whining teenger isn't she?

People need to learn how easy a bad home life can screw people up.

Fuck this, I'm off to bed. I'll probably check this thread later tomorrow.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
This has gotten so bad its destroying her metal health, shes seeing about 3 diffrent phycologists about this and has been told she only has only has about 15% of her memory left.

Considering the human brain has a virtually limitless capacity for memory, that's a load of bullshit right there. It doesn't even make any sense.

How do you plan to support yourself?
Quote by eldanny
Problems that adults don't face are still problems. People need to realise this.

My bestfreind not only argues with her parents but her dad has pretty much disowned her for smoking, he bosses her around and shots at her, he can't stand that fact shes a lesbian. This has gotten so bad its destroying her metal health, shes seeing about 3 diffrent phycologists about this and has been told she only has only has about 15% of her memory left.

People need to learn how easy a bad home life can screw people up.

Fuck this, I'm off to bed. I'll probably check this thread later tomorrow.

Yes. Pretty much. Also, as the man above...
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
lol at my thead getting highjacked, but yeah id be staying with on of my friends and their parents
Quote by Boojeah
lol at my thead getting highjacked, but yeah id be staying with on of my friends and their parents

I'm sure they'd love to put up with a whiny teenager too.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by Retro Rocker
Considering the human brain has a virtually limitless capacity for memory, that's a load of bullshit right there. It doesn't even make any sense.

How do you plan to support yourself?

Actually, im pretty sure the brain needs to "delete" memories to make way for new one, thats why you dont remember every moment in your life, and i think what the guy is talking about is her short term memory is not very good, not sure what the 15% **** is about

Again, this isnt permanent
dude, my mother fought with me since 7th grade as if it was her religion to fight with me. i just graduated in may and moved out a week after graduation. life has been so much better. even when i visit my parents it's the same old ****, but things are WAYYYYY better.

but here are some helpful tips. 1) make sure you have a car and money and plan a little in advance. don't try to make it up as you go along, you'll end up coming back or being a bum. 2) as part of that plan, find a place to stay. if you're still in school, ask to live with a friend or relative for a while. if you're out of school, try to do the same but make sure not to stay too long, and try to get a job so you can get out on your own. if you don't wanna return to your parent's, make sure you plan to not need to. willpower will probably not overcome the need for support (food and shelter)
Quote by Boojeah
I agree to a point, i understand how much they provide for me, but i have no social life, ive spent the last year alone unless im at school, minus the odd weekend i have a different friend out. I strongly feel they cannot choose who i have a friendship with and im tired ive being alone, angry and sad

What makes you think things will be any better once you move out? Chances are you'll have to work two minimum wage jobs just to make ends meet. You'll be even more alone and still angry and sad. I can certainly empathize with the problems with your parents, but moving out at your age just isn't a good idea. Good luck whatever happens.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
What makes you think things will be any better once you move out? Chances are you'll have to work two minimum wage jobs just to make ends meet. You'll be even more alone and still angry and sad. I can certainly empathize with the problems with your parents, but moving out at your age just isn't a good idea. Good luck whatever happens.

Im still a student lol and this is only temporary, i just want to leave long enough for things to cool off
Page 1 of 2