Obviously this needs explanation.
I was looking into a new guitar for my 16th birthday. Naturally to ask my parents, of course.

And so I decided I wanted to try some ESP's. I have tried a decent amount of double cutaways and other sorts of guitars from Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, and Epiphone, and I never made any sort of connection with the guitar like I did my last one. My lat guitar, an epi G-400, I knew I wanted the second I picked it up.

And so when i got to the guitar store (a small place a few minutes from my house) I was dissapointed to find that other than two EC-1000's (I hate the abalone and they were blue and green so no thanks) the only guitars there all had floyd rose.
What i didn't realize was that the EC-500 had 24 frets
And so I tried it, loved it.

So naturally I've had no clue whether I was going to get it or not. The owner of the place mentioend that we weren't the only ones that were interested in it.

But yesterday I brought up the guitar and made a comment about the pickups (EMG's; the comment was about my need for a noise suppresor). My dad started to get mad and asked if I was trying to tell him i didn't want it anymore.
For my last guitar he did the same thing and he had already bought it for me.

So naturally I'm pretty happy, and very hopeful.
And so this thread isn't considered spam of sorts, I'm going to link to some pics from the website of the store that had it.

If/When I get it I shall post more pictures as well. No picture I have seen of the black cherry paint job do it justice. It looks AMAZING in person.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Dude EMG's are great with hum. I dont think you will have to much problem! Cool guitar too!!!!
i would hope so. but the Crate i run through now gets a RIDICULOUS amount of hum, so if i plan on getting the noise suppressor I can get it in the end anyway.

but i do agree, EMG's are great at cancelling the hum and feedback
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Kudos to you if you get it.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Last edited by wolfy808 at Jun 28, 2008,
so i diddnt understand. u diddnt want that guitar >?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
that is a wicked paint color. i want one (just a different shape because im weird and dont like les paul style)
it does look amazing.

ive never been one for this paint job because the pictures on online websites they take for it are horrible. but these were taken in person and they do it more justice than even the ESP website does
Quote by wannabe jesus
Wow that is a really nice color on that guitar. And I never knew how nice EMG's looked in an LP body

Also, try finding some other synonyms for the word "naturally."
Quote by mrvile
Also, try finding some other synonyms for the word "naturally."

at first i thoguht "douche"

and then i saw that in ten-fifteen lines of text i used it like 4 times.

^_^;
Quote by wannabe jesus
that is one of the most amazing looking guitars i've seen...good for you. I'm confused though, do you want it or not? I'm guessing you do, and your dad just took it the wrong way
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
yup it sounds like pops has bought you that nice geetar, and was about to "pop a nuke" when he thought you had changed your mind.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Looks awsome in the pic. Can't imagine how it would look better in person.
I STILL can't get over how amazing that guitar looks... I've never seen something that great.

I want.
Get a better amp.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Wow that guitar looks awesome, I am trying to decide between one of those ec-500s in white or the ec-400vf. Can't decide if I want EMG actives or not.
Wow looks really sexy.How's the neck?I find Epiphone's upper neck access hard,but is it easy to reach on this guitar?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
****ing sexy **** man
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
looks great
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I hope you get it dude, it looks awesome.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Not really my style of guitar but very nice otherwise. I hope you get it, there's nothing better than getting a new guitar.
Quote by atla18
I was dissapointed to find that other than two EC-1000's (I hate the abalone and they were blue and green so no thanks)

???? Why did you pass up on the Ec-1000's BLUE AND GREEN Omg I would have taken them both in a secound if I could find them around me. and the abalone is just a newere version of gibsons trapazoids

but all in all You got a nice guitar I like the black cherry
dude active emgs are the sex and you shouldnt get any hum at all cause thats kinda the whole point of an active pup, to cangle out the hum (and to have high output)