As you may know (or probably don't give a flying F**K) my b-day is fast approching. With the cash earned by work and moolah from relatives im planing to buy a new amp. I've narrowed it it down to the Epi Valve Junior and the Fender Blues Junior. I have access through my job at the local music shop to try both these fine amps and I was wondering the opinion of the fine people of UG to help sort out and prevail with the greater purchase.

Also give personal feedback (if you have any) about your personal experiences with either or both amps.

Thanks in advance, Brad
''Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation'' David St. Hubbins-Spinal Tap
Epi has better speakers, but needs a tube change from stock, and chews through tubes without a voltage mod(easy fix).

The fender is better stock(save for the speaker), but it's tube chewing is faster and not (easily) fixed.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
i personally like the blues junior. the cleans are much better. the overdrive is allright but you can just put a OD pedal and make it sound great. the speaker isnt that great but it does the job, it can be replaced if you feel the need to.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo