just wondering how to change my guitar tuning to drop c without taking it to a guitar tech. (if im wrong sorry i was told you had to have it set to this tuning or the strings would be to lose/tight)
CGCFAD

Use the 3rd fret of the second string and tune the first string to that.
Use the 2nd fret of the third string and tune the second string to that.
Use the 3rd fret of the fourth string and tune the third string to that.
Use the 3rd fret of the fifth string and tune the fourth string to that.
Use the 3rd fret of the sixth string and tune the fifth string to that.
Use the fourth string to tune the 6th string.

Presto, you've got Dropped C tuning.
if its a floyd rose trem...DONT MESS WITH IT! take it to the professional. i spent hundreds of $ triyn to fix what i messed up on my old guitar. but a standard bridge you can just use a tuner. low to high CGCFAD
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by underoath0902
if its a floyd rose trem...DONT MESS WITH IT! take it to the professional. i spent hundreds of $ triyn to fix what i messed up on my old guitar. but a standard bridge you can just use a tuner. low to high CGCFAD

It boggles my mind how you could mess up guitar bad enough for you to pay hundreds of $ to get it fixed.
Quote by thatfootballkid
I just tune it down and deal with the strings. If you strung it the right way the strings shouldn't be too loose.

It doesn't depend on how it was strung, it depends on the gauge of string used.

For Drop C I use 10-52's at least, really depends on the guitar being used as well.

For a drop to that tuning you may need the truss rod adjusted as well, due to the reduction in tension on the strings, really does depend on how low your action was before the retune.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by underoath0902

wow, you must really suck at setting up guitars
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
It boggles my mind how you could mess up guitar bad enough for you to pay hundreds of $ to get it fixed.

He got angry and smashed it like a ten year old with an N64 controller. But if you don't know what you're doing, even changing one string with a trem can fuck up all the others.
Tuning thread....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by underoath0902

yeah
deffinetly dont mess with a floyd rose
i broke a string on my ibanez and the part in the floyd rose that holds the string down fell out and incase you didnt know ibanez floyd rose things are custom and i didnt have the piece so i left it tellthe next time i went to samash
well over that time (roughly 3 days) the floyd rose thing crashed on its self due to the different pressure caused by the strings and broke
i had to ship it in for 4 weeks while ibanez repaired it
luckly i had warrenty
DONT MESS WITH FLOYD ROSE!!!
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
Quote by thepoopkid3
yeah
i broke a string on my ibanez and the part in the floyd rose that holds the string down fell out and incase you didnt know ibanez floyd rose things are custom and i didnt have the piece so i left it tellthe next time i went to samash
well over that time (roughly 3 days) the floyd rose thing crashed on its self due to the different pressure caused by the strings and broke
luckly i had warrenty
YAY!!! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

but i will admit i am an idiot.
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by thepoopkid3
yeah
luckly i had warrenty

You mean ****ty Edge trems. Floyd Roses are great
And they're really not custom
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk

yeah well its a floyd rose trem 3 i think
not sure
and the piece i lost is called the blocker
ibanez blockers are different compared to all other brands
because they have a groove for the screw so it can secure it better
other brands dont have that groove
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by Demonikk

hey, hey, hey, the first edge trems were fantastic. a couple that they make now suck, though
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by dale-banez
hey, hey, hey, the first edge trems were fantastic. a couple that they make now suck, though

True, the original Edge trems were awesome but they're hard to get hold of now.
The Edge IIIs fall to dust after a few months of use
ohai little sig.
How did this go from being a question about drop tuning strings to a debate on trems?

Especially when the TS has Epiphones?
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by Demonikk
True, the original Edge trems were awesome but they're hard to get hold of now.
The Edge IIIs fall to dust after a few months of use

agreed. I had an edge III on my RG and it completely phailed on me, replaced it with an OFR
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by Perturabo
How did this go from being a question about drop tuning strings to a debate on trems?

Especially when the TS has Epiphones?

Because it's 2am and I'm still semi-drunk, that's why.

Hmm? What was the question?
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Because it's 2am and I'm still semi-drunk, that's why.

Hmm? What was the question?

where do you live
its only 9 in florida
Quote by Fate_of_Mind

Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by thepoopkid3
where do you live
its only 9 in florida

LAAAANDAAAAN
2am here in the UK
ohai little sig.
how can you be semi drunk?
Quote by Fate_of_Mind

Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by thepoopkid3
how can you be semi drunk?

Kinda like a mid-night hangover
When you've mostly sobered up but still feel a little woozy
ohai little sig.
Easily explained, go to drop d and tune 1 step down.

I use 9s for drop c, and its fine. You dont HAVE to use 10s.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
i'd use 11's, i guess u could use 9's but it wouldn't be very comftorble.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^ Well, ive always used 9s, so i guess im just used to them. Use whatever feels most comfortable.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Like I said, it depends a lot on other factors,,

I use 12 - 54's for my drop C guitar, but it's a LP copy, and they seem to like heavier gauge strings.

If you were using 8's or even some 9 sets, the low C would be very loose, can't imagine a 46 at C.
Quote by darkstar2466

Use the ONLY tuning thread.
DO NOT spam threads either
Been away, am back