I want to get a distortion/overdrive pedal for my soon to be tube amp. Right now I am looking into Over Drive pedals. Which of these two pedals is better? Keep in mind, I play rock, hard rock, alternative, classic rock, and I guess some metal. Also, I am about to buy and map off of this page, http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=amp&minAsk=min&maxAsk=300 , on Craig's List. I am either going to get and Epiphone Valve Standard or a Crate V16 Palomino, which is better based on my styles? If you want to know more about the kind of music I play, I can post some of the songs my band will cover in our next gig.
Get The Damn Tubescreamer!!!
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Well, i've never tried out the tubescreamer, but i've got the BM and i've got to say it's probably the best you can do for $50. That said, you should still go to a shop and try them out. Or look up some YouTube vids, perhaps.
O O

___
No one is going to tell you which amp to buy. YOU need to play both and decide for yourself.

I believe this has been said in several different threads of yours.

Both are good, and both are cheap. You would get a good amp either way.
Which one is better for hard rock? Maybe even metal? I know that both can do classic rock.
*sigh* Palomino (again) and Bad Monkey
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan