C# G# C# D# G# D#

I honestly have no idea how to tune this, my electric tuner doesn't even have a C on it. I'm a bit confused, could someone be as so kind as to help me?
Db, Ab, Db, Eb, Ab, Db.
or i thnk it'd be:

Db, G#, Db, Eb, G#, Eb?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
First, tune to drop d. (DADGBE)
Then, tune 1 half step down. Im pretty sure thats how you do it.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
First, tune to drop d. (DADGBE)
Then, tune 1 half step down. Im pretty sure thats how you do it.

You'd tune the B down 1 1/2 I think
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I still don't understand how to get to drop D aswell, what my tuner can't understand I don't understand.
Quote by BladeSlinger
You'd tune the B down 1 1/2 I think

You're right, thanks.

I've never heard of this tuning though, what song is it?

Edit: Ok, for drop d, tune the 6th string(thickest) down from E to D.
Then, to get to your tuning, for each string, except B, tune down 1 half step. For the B, tune down 1 and 1/2
Last edited by I-Watch-Anime at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Awesom-o
I still don't understand how to get to drop D aswell, what my tuner can't understand I don't understand.

If you can't do Drop D you shouldn't be messing around in such a weird tuning my friend....You should learn all the notes on the fretboard (Or at least up to the 12th fret since it's an octave) so you can tune by ear.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah, i suggest you play around with standard/drop d a bit before you use that tuning.
I mean I'm an passable guitar player, about a year and a half now, but for that year and half I've stuck to standard tuning for I had an annoying Classical teacher for my first year of guitar player so I never had any experience with toying with different tunings.

Thanks for the help btw guys/girls.
Btw on the part about the E string do you mean tuning it UP to a D or DOWN to a D. Because my tuner doesn't pick it up either way I go. New tuner?
If you want a good song to play around with alternate tunings, try Aerials by System Of A Down. It's in Drop C. Tune to drop D, and then tune every string 1 step down.
Drop D - DADGBE
Drop C - CGCFAD
I suggest buying a tuner that has a C on it. Go to walmart and get a First Act tuner. Its cheap (9.00) and it has every note on it. Its what i use.

Edit: Tune down. Its VERY rare you'll tune up.
Quote by Awesom-o
Btw on the part about the E string do you mean tuning it UP to a D or DOWN to a D. Because my tuner doesn't pick it up either way I go. New tuner?

You can usually just know which way you're tuning if you've heard the song. If you were tuning up you'd be going up 5 full steps......Your string would break after one or maybe even two.

What kind of tuner do you have? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Korg-CA-30-Chromatic-Tuner-101556009-i1125536.gc
This could help you out and it's only 20$.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Read the Tuning Thread stickied at the top of this forum
Been away, am back