Firstly I didn't quite know where exactly this'ld fit in so i threw it in here...
So mods, if this annoys you, you can direct me to a better place to move this to.

I need some help programming breakbeat style drum rhythms. Basically i can't figure out the drum patterns properly to program them in my drum programmer. Well i tried and got close but it doesn't sound right enough... It lacks the flow n energy.

Like i guess i wouldn't have much trouble playing them on a drumkit but programming them in a sequencer is turning out to be quite challenging as i can't seem to get the right kick, snare and hi-hat patterns and swing out of the rigid 4/4 rhythm of the sequencer (and right now i don't wanna go into quantizing the sequencer timing to add some swing to the beats)

Anyway, if anyone could help me out with some simple basics of breakbeat drum programing (or maybe know any good websites/online tutorials) it'ld be great!!

Something simple along these lines you see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woYTCyyucqw

Once i get the simple bits and the basics i can morph them into more complex stuff...

Thanks....!
Use EZdrummer.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
No No, i don't have a problem with the software (i'm using Native Instruments Battery which is pretty much the best drum programmer out there).

What i'm having problems with is the actual drum patterns for the breakbeat style drums. So if anyone know how the breakbeat drum patterns go, could they please help me!

Its like for example a "four on the floor" (basic dance beat) pattern is like
Kick, Kick/Snare, Kick, Kick/Snare over a 4/4 rhythm with 8th note hi-hats throughout the beat.
I think most break songs just sample the Amen break. There's a step sequencer chart that may help you get started.

Also, I'd give FL Studio a shot. I find it the easiest way to quickly lay down drums.

EDIT: Bah, too slow. Battery's good stuff.
Quote by Ultraturtle0
I think most break songs just sample the Amen break. There's a step sequencer chart that may help you get started.

Also, I'd give FL Studio a shot. I find it the easiest way to quickly lay down drums.

EDIT: Bah, too slow. Battery's good stuff.

aah mate, i never actually bothered looking it up on wiki.
Yeah, amen break is whats used in that Atari Teenage Riot track.

Its the Drum tab for breakbeat drumming that i was looking for. And its on the wiki page, so thanks for it mate!
Well, i'm gonna be using it as the baseline drums for the first single of this industrial/experimental album i'm working on (sorta planning on layering a varied amen break over a heavy four on the floor pattern, it sounds pretty cool!)... So hopefully i plan on having it completed by the end of next month, you can check it out and support my music!!