I was bending a string while playing Hey Joe by Hendrix, and it popped. I don't bend them as far as some people so I don't know how that's possible. How did it happen?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
What do you mean 'popped'? On what kind of guitar?
May have been snagged somewhere in the bridge or nut. Happens sometimes, or the strings are old and they may have been "rusty," causing them to corrode and then break easily.

A.W
A couple of months old, Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies, 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46, about that, an Epi Les Paul Special II. I've been playing this for a while, so it was only today.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
dude... a couple months.. that's a long time between string changes... change them at least every other month
Really?
Quote by chip46
yeah, that is a long time, and the special II doesnt help either. I had one of those and it snapped strings all the time (first time was actually while playing hey joe, coincidentally).
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Yeah, especially if you play with any regularity, but even if you don't, strings oxidize.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
So every other month I should change them?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
So every other month I should change them?

How often do you play? Do you wipe your strings down after you play? Etc. You can get away with keeping them on longer if you take care of them and if you don't play a ton. But you should also keep your ears and fingers on guard for any telltale signs of string age.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I play 20 minutes-1 hour a day usually. I don't wipe them, should I?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I play 20 minutes-1 hour a day usually. I don't wipe them, should I?

Hellz yeah. Every time you play. Get an old cotton t-shirt you don't wear much anymore...that's now your rag. Every time you stop playing, you wipe that sucker down good.

But if you play that much every day, and haven't wiped, it's time to change your strings. I'd say with your playing habits, if you wipe them down, you could go a month between string changes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I changed them except for the high e, which I'm gonna buy some new strings.
Quote by chip46
It's all a matter of personal preference really. New strings sound different than old ones. I personally change them every month and a half or so, but you could keep them for three or four months before they break.
They lasted 6 months.
Quote by chip46