Having looked through the <$300 thread, it's come to my attention that there are no classical guitar recommendations, and I'm hoping you guys could do me a favor. I'm looking for an uber-cheap classical guitar, but, if at all possible, could you guys also provide me with a good model between $300 and $400? It's all contingent on selling some things off.

I really just want to put fingerpicked parts in my songs, a la Leonard Cohen, and I know he used a classical guitar from time to time.

Thanks much.

Jake.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Not really knowledgeable about classicals,but from what I can gather Alvarez make some nice ones.
Ha I was just thinking of this today. Yamaha acoustics seem to get a lot of praise, what classical models would me equilivant to the FG700+ series?
Quote by Steel8909
Ha I was just thinking of this today. Yamaha acoustics seem to get a lot of praise, what classical models would me equilivant to the FG700+ series?

yamaha cg111c
take it easy man .. its just a thread
If anyone's tight for cash I'd really recommend the Yamaha C-40. It's a cheapo(100$) with a laminate top, but! it plays really nicely and for the price it's the best "bad" classical guitar you can get.

I say "bad" because it really isn't bad at all, so if you're looking to get a cheap classical because you can't afford any more get it. If you have more to spend get the CG111C.

The C40 looks like it has promise. I just wish I could find it outside of the package, which is really just a cardboard box that they call a guitar case.

How about the used market? Any classical guitars that are readily available there?
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
I can't praise my Yamaha CG-151C enough, might be in the upper end of your price range, but I'd say it's worth it!