I got a schecter classic im really happy with it,and im abs. loving the valve junior and vox advt30 but if i get the vj what pedals should i get for a metal/hardcore tone?
A Zakk Wylde Overdrive should help if you can turn up the amp high enough for it to overdrive itself some.
Quote by espplayer400
line 6 uber metal distortion pedal

*facepalm* There are far superior distortion pedals available. The Metal Muff for example. But an overdrive pedal would probably sound better, like a Tubscreamer.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by qotsa1998
A Zakk Wylde Overdrive should help if you can turn up the amp high enough for it to overdrive itself some.

wait...the overdrive on the pedal would give the overdrive...what does the amp's volume have to do with anything?
ehx metal muff. since i found out JD of The Sword uses it for his sound (getting all his distortion from it), I looked into it and it is a pretty damn good pedal for metal.
Quote by ugmung
Damage Control anybody?

Yeah, I agree.

You can't really push a modeling amp with overdrive to make it meaner, just makes it sound more fake. You're probably going to have to go with a distortion box (a great one such as UGmung mentioned) over a cleaner channel
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Yeah, I agree.

You can't really push a modeling amp with overdrive to make it meaner, just makes it sound more fake. You're probably going to have to go with a distortion box (a great one such as UGmung mentioned) over a cleaner channel

he's talking about his Valve Junior i believe. that's why i recommend a tube distortion because that would sound much better than running a Metal Muff through it.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
ya i was thinking a metal muff as well then getting an overdrive aswell as chorus and phaser for other fun stuff as well as a wah.
Quote by ugmung
he's talking about his Valve Junior i believe. that's why i recommend a tube distortion because that would sound much better than running a Metal Muff through it.

I was multitasking, didn't really read the TS's post but instead everyone's reply, haha. Damage controls sound great running through a lot of things. Very nice distortion pedal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio