Listen to 'Tone Test' on my profile.

I am running a Bad Monkey (Level at 5, Low at 7, High at 9, Gain at 3) into a Valve Junior at 8 o'clock. I am recording with an SM57, placed about an inch away from the amp, to the right and at the bottom of the top third of the grill.

I am looking to get an ACDC tone. At the moment, if you listen, it sounds really dull when compared to the songs I play.

So what can I do - including amp and pedal settings and volumes, mic placement, EQing in Mixcraft etc.?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
More treble. It does sound pretty dull, so try adding more treble and cut the bass down. Maybe a little more gain would help, too. And try putting the mic a few inches from the center of the speaker cone.
Maybe a little closer to the speaker cone would give you some more definition.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
at first I thought it was going to be horrible but it was okay.. but yeah.. when you played back in black your tone was crying for more gain.
maybe some more treble.

you shook me all night wasn't too bad.
The treble was already pretty much maxed. Bass I cut down to 5. I moved the mic to where the speaker cone is, but still above it. It is now about 1cm from the grill. Tone Test 2 on my profile.

But yeah, this sound is pretty ****. I was expecting something a little more pro quality.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
^ Sounds like you need more gain still. I'm not recording pro though just sounds like a bit more gain could help.

Also picking harder might help, you know attacking the strings more to get more drive from the amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
What are you running the SM57 in to? Straight to a computer recording program?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
To a Toneport UX1 (bypassed) into Acoustica Mixcraft.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Hrm. Well, there goes my theory...that shouldn't suck your tone that much. Though maybe bypassing the Toneport is screwing with it...I'm just spitballing, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah. I don't think bypassing it would do anything. Otherwise I'm using their ****ty amp models. Which other section knows their stuff on this?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Try asking in riffs&recording.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows