Page 1 of 2
I was in guitar center today and I noticed that they don't carry any ESP guitars or basses. When I asked one of the workers they had no idea why so......why?
Quote by patsox834
Man, you're clearly in the wrong place. The dudes of the Pit are ladykillers.

Totally
arent they like carvin where they only sell factory direct? im not sure.

edit: nope i was wrong musicians friend has em.
thats a good question, considering that esp guitars and basses are played in so many of some of the best heavy metal bands, like, ever
At a guess, ESP have stocking strategies in their contractual agreements with guitar stockists that Guitar Centre didn't agree with.

Rdit: Gibson are implementing a new stocking strategy in the UK at least, which is going to make it harder to get Gibson guitars from independant stores.
Because you touch yourself at night....I did get my used LTD at GC since they take any used brands....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by slipmaggot93
arent they like carvin where they only sell factory direct? im not sure.

a store by me has some esp's. so there not factory direct.
ummmm.....the guitar center near my house sells esp and ltd
it must just be your guitar center.
Quote by Anvil pants

No, its just YOUR GC that stocks them.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Anvil pants

Mine doesn't either and I've never heard of one selling ESP or LTD.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They purposely only sell them to dealers that properly set them up, and tend to be smaller and offer better service. Go to the ESP website to find the vendors, though Musiciansfriend is probably the biggest one available. I asked my local guitar store and that's what the owner told me.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
My guitar center doesn't sell them, which is actually a good thing. Much less metalcore kids doing breakdowns on every stack.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
they don't sell them online but i do see them in the store pretty often. its the same with mesa boogie. they aren't on the website but i saw a triple rectifier stack in a corner of the building
because guitar center sucks and ESP doesnt. i learned that a long time ago after my 101000101000th time getting ripped off at GC
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
they can only have one dealer within a certain mile radius, although with their popularity, it'd be nice if they're let more places sell 'em
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Yes, it's annoying not to be able to get any ESP's from there.
I want them to sell Zoom pedals, too.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Maybe the GC's that have ESP or LTD are just used gear that GC bought from someone...
BUT I do remember seeing a few ESP basses on Guitarcenter.com....
Because they aren't ESP retailers.

/thread
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
Quote by the glue man
Why would anybody want an Extra Small Penis?

You mean Extreme Super Penis.
No no no, you both have it wrong.

It's Extremely Scared Penii.
A pack of wild penis are called Penii.

8)-~
The GC closest to me doesn't stock ESP or Ibanez, I had to order my S520EX from a local shop.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
That's because they don't retail from those brands -_-

8)-~
Quote by Anvil pants

Having them in stock =/= being a dealer.

If GC isn't an ESP dealer, the only time it will sell them is if someone sells it to the shop.
Being a dealer means they intentionally supply themselves with said brand.
If they aren't an ESP dealer, then they won't go out and buy ESPs for themselves just for the purpose of marketing and selling them.

They may take a nice deal, because they're still a guitar shop, and they'll buy and sell what ever they want.

8)-~
Quote by Human Contact
The GC closest to me doesn't stock ESP or Ibanez, I had to order my S520EX from a local shop.

That's odd, my GC is chock full of Ibanez. The only place with ESP in my area, though, is Sam Ash.
i used to work there and i found out why, if you have noticed, esp's and schecters are almost the same guitar (of coarse esp's are better though) and the company that owns both of them puts schecters in the franchise-ish stores like guitar center, and stores like that, where on the other hand, esp gets to be in the smaller mom and pop shops, they kinda do that so those mom and pop shops have something that guitar center doesnt, tryin to keep the little guys alive... kinda a cool concept there
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
Sam Ash is a joke. I'd much rather shop at Guitar Center than that lame ass store.

8)-~
Quote by Mgllpz09
cuz GC is a faggot store nd the Sam Ash by my house sells em

Jeez, did you get molested in a GC or something? Unnecessary anger from you will not be well received.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
hahaha interesting i asked that to a guy on guitar center and he told me that it was something that schecter and esp are the same or something like that
ESP comes from Japan Guitar Center is an american franchise most likely they wont b sold there but guitar center is awesome tho
Quote by element4433
That happened to me once. Then I got in my flying car, flew home and made love to my wife, Scarlett Johansen.

Quote by RobertiusB
I've seen Lil' Wayne do some pretty technical solos tbh.
There's a million different reasons why Guitar Center doesn't sell ESPs, or I've heard a million reasons, the truth is I don't know, the proof is guitar center just doesn't carry them anymore, www.guitarcenter.com .. As for the one guy saying because it looks like Schecter that's false. A lot of guitar company's make alot of the same similar bodies. Now I have heard that Gibson was in a settlement with ESP do to a Flying V look alike. ESP has been notorious for having alot of similar guitar bodys. They have the Strat, Les Paul, V, Explorer, and the following companies it looks like is Jackson, Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squire. Then again, that's like McDonalds sueing Burger King for using the same amount of salt on their french fries as they do.

I think the best thing I could think of has already been said, which is do to stocking reasons. Which could make sense, but I'm not to sure. But Guitar Center has not sold ESP's for a few years now, and now thinking about it, I think I have an anwser.

Musicansfriend.com used to be Guitar Center's Website. Well, later on Musician's Friend went under new owner ship, and had control of the licenses to sale guitars, and ESP is a hard licenses to get to be able to sale . Selling Used guitars isn't a problem, but to sale new ones are. Plus, maybe they didn't sale much at Guitar Center to begin with, so they just stop selling them. If you order a product, and don't sell it, there's no point in to keep getting them..

Other then that, that's all I can think of, I'll find out why here soon and post why.

P.S. Only guitars that are made in American rule is false, they do sell guitars that are made over seas there, Jackson, Epiphone, Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, Washburn, Yamaha, B.C. Rich, and Daisy Rock.
Last edited by Sangin at Aug 7, 2008,
i dont have a GC in my town. the music store we have is full of ESPs and they have more ibanezs than ne one needs.
There's only one store in town that sells ESPs. In a city with 4 million people, one store sells ESPs....and it's in a mostly hispanic neighborhood.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
I never noticed that but you're right. All that is in the one here are Dime guitars (of course), a couple of ****ty low price warlocks, fenders, gibsons and schecters. I think there are a couple of ****ty low price jacksons too. Can't forget all the daizy rock **** either.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Page 1 of 2