I've Been playing about 5-7 hours straight the last 2 days, blaring away on some RHCP. Anyone else feel my pain?

w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Flea doesnt feel pain
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
yeah sometimes it hurts like a b!tch.

btw the still of kiedis in your avatar looks like he's giving a BJ. :P
if it hurts when you do that don't do that! its genius!!
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

btw the still of kiedis in your avatar looks like he's giving a BJ. :P

thank you...

ugh...

its espescially during Scar Tissue.... getting those low frets

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by algemar
Flea doesnt feel pain

Flea does so feel pain, billy corgan tells a story about how the first time he saw the peppers flea was playing so hard that he slapped a hole in his thumb that he kept getting hot glued put in and he was howling between each song
Yeah, Flea's a wuss with bad slap technique

5-7 hours straight? Well, firstly, I recommend a social life

Secondly, it's probably more fatigue than actual something being injured. You may love playing, but overplaying can do damage, and you should look after your hands, unless you want to start playing with your feet or ****.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yeah, Flea's a wuss with bad slap technique .

Flea a wuss? I hope thats sarcasm, I know I'm relatively new on here but I can't have people bagging on him.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Even if it wasn't sarcasm, would could you actually do? Jesus, don't be so defensive about someone you don't even know.

obviously nothing, don't get the wrong idea I'm not a flamer, but i couldn't tell if it was sarcasm and saying hes bad at slapping is fairly insane.
5-7 hours straight? Well, firstly, I recommend a social life

well i haven't played for about a week and a half, vacation...

Quote by Deliriumbassist
But he does have really bad technique. Didn't say he was bad at slapping, but his slapping technique itself is just horrible. But that's neither here nor there and not the point of this thread.

agreed

as far the pain just a day off and get out like delirium said, or practice another instrument maybe
I used to play bass with a pick, during this one jam I'd pick a note and slap my palm down to make a nice percussive sound. Anyway, after half an hour or so my fingers and the side of my thumb began to bleed

I was actually quite proud of myself. Ashamed of my crappy bass playing techniques, but I got myself a sweet battle wound.
All your base are belong to us.
Just keep playing, the tips of your fingers will eventually get kind of a hard shell around them. It won't hurt then. Someone clarify what I'm trying to say here. Like, the tips of your fingers will become harder with practice..
//Overture

"You don't learn funk, the funk learns you.."
Quote by Overture
Just keep playing, the tips of your fingers will eventually get kind of a hard shell around them. It won't hurt then. Someone clarify what I'm trying to say here. Like, the tips of your fingers will become harder with practice..

Callous protects from blisters, yes. But as for general finger pain and fatigue... nah.
I'm not making this thread to rate Flea. Flea is a good musician, and he has some cool influences...(Bootsy Collins )