Ok well seeing as how i will be getting my license in a few months and I have a job and have been saving some money I am thinking about cars. Now I really do not know much about cars at all. I have almost a thousand dollars saved up right now but i will be saving up more. What are some reliable used cars for lets say the 1-5,000$ range. Preferably a sedan type car, I am not a fan of SUV's. Also something with good gas mileage.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if there is a thread for this. I did search.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Go Japanese, ideally a six-generation Honda Civic, which is really popular with tuners due to its high quality suspension, will cost little to maintain, and IMHO still looks modern.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Go Japanese, ideally a six-generation Honda Civic, which is really popular with tuners due to its high quality suspension, will cost little to maintain, and IMHO still looks modern.

Thanks for the advice ill start looking at them.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Agreed. For 1.5k theres not really a big choice but since you said reliable, cheap, and good on gas.... some cars taht come to mind are toyota corolla, honda civic, and nissan sentra. More then likely these cars will have well over 100k miles on them for that kind of price but they should run till 200k perheps even more if they were carefully maintained. BTW, if you buy the civic prepare to get alot of bad rep and the wrong type of attention because most guys in the tuner scene hate on civic drivers simply because of the many people that rice them out with kits and ugly wheels/ unpainted bodies, rust, you get the point. plus theft rate on em is like top 3 last I checked.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
Agreed. For 1.5k theres not really a big choice but since you said reliable, cheap, and good on gas.... some cars taht come to mind are toyota corolla, honda civic, and nissan sentra. More then likely these cars will have well over 100k miles on them for that kind of price but they should run till 200k perheps even more if they were carefully maintained. BTW, if you buy the civic prepare to get alot of bad rep and the wrong type of attention because most guys in the tuner scene hate on civic drivers simply because of the many people that rice them out with kits and ugly wheels/ unpainted bodies, rust, you get the point. plus theft rate on em is like top 3 last I checked.

To correct you I meant 1,000 to 5,000 not 1.5k. Sorry for the misunderstanding. But thanks for the advice.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30