Page 1 of 2
I've noticed that nobody really talks about what they do outside of being a pit monkey/internet fiend, so here it is, a thread about jobs!

Share with us what you do for money, what you love about it, and what you hate about it (if anything.)

I currently work in a bar at weekends, and I think it's pretty cool because people have to be nice, or they aren't getting any booze! This doesn't mean I don't have to put up with idiots though, but it definately reduces the amount of them. The only bad point, i would say, is having to wash glasses due to lack of dishwasher.

inb4pimp, etc.

TLR; What do you do for money, honey?
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
I work in a bar/hotel, but the people aren't generally nice like you say. There was a huge dught tonight and I got off early as a result. Madness!
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job and then I found a job

But heaven knows I'm miserable now
I work with fruits.

Elaboration: I work as a produce clerk in a my local grocery store.
Did you get it that time Kensai?
Hey, I have a job!
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
I'm a cook at a greasy spoon breakfast restaurant.

I make a mean omlette.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
im 16 and im workin 40 hours a week over the summer as a janitor at my high school.
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
I clean carpets with my family (family business).

I get paid 50 bucks an hour (once you average in how long it takes to clean a whole room), but the work is sporadic. It's fun and since I'm a perfectionist (I am the one who actually cleans the carpets), we always get called back because I did such a good job the last time.
I also mow lawns and I am able to make a few bucks doing trades with guitar stuff then selling it later.
All in all, I make as much as having a part time job, but I get more spare time.
But sometimes the work is really spread out, which sucks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i just recently got a job as a welder for a ship manufacturer up in Detroit making $43.70 an hour and i work 12 hour days now, six days a week im, only 18
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by easter-glow
I work in a bar/hotel, but the people aren't generally nice like you say. There was a huge dught tonight and I got off early as a result. Madness!

I didn't mention the tossers like, some guy got a good slap tonight, and the bouncers were ready to kick the crap out of someone. The usual drama on a saturday night.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
I bake bread for minimum wage 8.75/hour.............................i need a new job.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
1. pulling carpets when my friends dad calls: $15 an hour under the table
2. mowin my neighbors lawn: $20
3. givin guitar lessons to my neighbor: ??? cuz the first one is next week
4. construction and yard work for my dad's friend: $10 an hour under the table

odd jobs FTW!
used to work in a coffee shop, was alright untill new bosses came along and they got strict. Waitin for GCSE results and may get a job for the summer, probs a clothes shop where i know everybody there!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Lifeguard, its a very easy job and i don't have to go in till 11 am every morning, get most weekends off, only make 9.00/hr though.
I Drive A own/drive a truck.

Their isn't anything to like about this job! Never home. I work different hours every day. Never know where your going to sleep. And last but not least $2500.00 a Week for FUEL!!!!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I just applied for a job at Gamestop,AMC Movie Theaters,and Borders.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Im 16, work at a construction site doing clean up

12$ an hour
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
I work at an ice cream parlor, its $8.75 an hour but when you add in the tips it's easily $12 an hour on good nights. I'm actually in the middle of an 8-day streak without any days off.

I'm such a goddamn slave.
I'm working forty hours a week as an intern for a company that installs and monitors security systems for buildings and offices. I'm getting 10 bucks an hour and I usually work about 2 out of the 8 hours a day, the other 6 spent killing time on the interwebs at my adorable cubicle.
Quote by ibanez for life
i'm applying for a job at shop rite =)

Which shoprite? I currently work there now as an Online Shopper. People place their orders online and i pick them.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I troubleshoot flight controls on the B1-B Bomber (U.S. Air Force).
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
I work at a Drug/Grocery store. It kind of sucks. I don't get paid much and I have to work my ass off. The customers are all old grumpy people. The only good thing about my job is that I work with a lot of cool people.
im applying for a movie theatre, dairy queen, kids summer camp and a grocery store.

with my resume, i doubt ill get any of them
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by adtthosa
I work at a Drug/Grocery store. It kind of sucks. I don't get paid much and I have to work my ass off. The customers are all old grumpy people. The only good thing about my job is that I work with a lot of cool people.

Ditto.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I'm a fast food slave at Arby's. I might be getting a job at a greasy spoon diner down the road though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'm a guide in a museum over the summer.15$/hour, 42,5h a week.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I work in a supermarket.. Safeway. I get payed about $11.40 Australian. (Epic Fail, but in a month and a half, when I turn 18, my pay goes up about 3 dollars.. Oh yay!)
Sigs are overrated.
I work at my parent's Chinese restaurant. 6 dollars an hour, but with tips, it's usually about 7 or 8.
I work general maintenance for Arkansas State University....minimum wage, but I basically work whatever hours I want.
Nope, no sig here.
Trying to get a job at a CD shop. Thinking since MP3's are now in I shouldn't be working too hard. :P
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Work at Mc Donalds. Free food, good. Co-workers, bad.

Got a job at Sears though, I'm a security dude. haha
Page 1 of 2