I recently bought a Ibanez RGT6EXFX with a fixed bridge and 81/85 EMG. The guitar amazing. I cant just get used the the string tension. For some reason even though im in lowerer tunnings the low E feels very tight still as if im in standard. Some might consider this a good thing but i really dont like it to much. Its harder to get good resonating open notes.

the viper is not like this at all. Iv been playing with a viper 400 for almost 2 years now and iv become very used to the bridge/tension. Im playing from Drop C-A#. Have GHS Boomers 11-50 on both guitars.

Im guessing it has to do with the scale of the guitars.
LTD: 24.75
Ibanez: 25.5

Is their anything i can do to loosen the overall tension of the strings on the Ibanez

thx
_________
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
The only thing I could think to do is to possibly move the saddle for the low E foward, but that could seriously f*&% up your intonation.

But on the other hand, the string getting tighter is going to give you a much crisper, almost twangy sound. You can get that good Slipknot single string twang thing, and you can hit pinch harmonics a whole lot easier.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
would adjusting the truss rod make a difference?
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
ya dont do that unless you know 100% what your doing. thats the only problems i dont like fixed bridges. they can **** with your string tension. also why are you using emg's upgrade to duncan blackouts. emg's have no tone or purpose in this world besides making everyones ears bleed.
Quote by ComradeRose
would adjusting the truss rod make a difference?

Only if the neck is bent odd, ad that very well could be your problem. Take a straight edge to it and see.

And for the blackouts.

No.

EMG practically pioneered the active pickup and for what its worth, if you use it right it will get you the crazyiest sound ever. Blackouts are completely mediocre in comparision.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
It seems to be straight. I think ill take it to a tech tomorrow or something. Its really to bad
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Wait, what string gauge are you using on the RG?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by convictionless
also why are you using emg's upgrade to duncan blackouts. emg's have no tone or purpose in this world besides making everyones ears bleed.

You're obviously a person who has yet to learn what the words "opinion" and "preference" mean.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Yeah, if you don't like it, it's their loss (from your point of view, imo EMG has its uses).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
GHS Boomers 11-50 on both guitars
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Quote by ComradeRose
GHS Boomers 11-50 on both guitars

Same tuning right? In that case, I'd go for something like a 10-48 set (I hate that set though, not enough tension on the bottom). Either that or lower the action.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Lighter strings.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
The 24.75 scale has less string tension than a 25.5 scale. Not much that can be done about it. Just physics. You can keep it tuned lower then your short scale guitar might help. I only have 1 25.5 scale guitar and thats the one I use for drop tuning so it feels the same as my short scale guitars in standard.
Quote by Tackleberry
The 24.75 scale has less string tension than a 25.5 scale. Not much that can be done about it. Just physics. You can keep it tuned lower then your short scale guitar might help. I only have 1 25.5 scale guitar and thats the one I use for drop tuning so it feels the same as my short scale guitars in standard.

Im using it as a backup guitar for shows and ect. I kinda need it to be in the same tunning. Usually its Drop B
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
If you want the 2 guitars in the same tuning then there aint a whole lot that can be done about the different tensions. The string has to be at a certain tension for each note in each scale length. If you lower the tension you lower the tuning.