I'm looking for programs to compose music. I know there are programs like Sibelius (Sp?) and Finale, but I don't want classical.

I really like Electronica. That's kind of a vague term, so I'll give an example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ODI9qDnt72M

(The intro isn't exactly what I'm talking about, but more like at the 1:00 mark and especially at the 4:02 mark).

I don't expect to get software anywhere near that advanced, considering there's is probably thousands of dollars, but anything would be nice to compose this general (and I mean very general) kind of music. Very percussive music, with some good sounds to compose maybe melodic lines or chords with.
Fruity Loop Studio's seems to be the only thing that comes to mind. You can try out a freebie at their website. Google it and find out. The only problem is, if you want to buy it, it costs a lot of money.

A.W
Quote by Andrew.
Fruity Loop Studio's seems to be the only thing that comes to mind. You can try out a freebie at their website. Google it and find out. The only problem is, if you want to buy it, it costs a lot of money.

A.W

This. It's the best one I can think of.

Edit: When you write some stuff, you have to let me hear it.

I've been wanting to write some electronica for a while, but don't really know how to go about it.
Last edited by Regression at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by Andrew.

A.W

Yeah, FL Studio is by far the best option for you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
FL Studio if you're just starting out, and the basic edition is really not expensive, but if you get better and want to go further, invest in REASON.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.
Quote by Andrew.

A.W

I think you can get sloghtly older versions for free or at least cheap... or cracked versions...

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
honestly...buy a keyboard with a workstation and a usb hookup. i will work wonders and is easier than simply working on a computer.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
You can pirate FL studio btw cause it's really expensive.

But you're gonna have to sample sounds yourself, you can find sample packs all over the place or just cut it out from a song.

www.freesound.com is a good site for samples.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
FL Studio is good for very basic stuff and good to start out with but if you want to make more than loops I suggest a midi keyboard and Reason.
stolen expensive programs FTW!!! i personally have probably $1000 plus of pirated software
Quote by Wylde14
stolen expensive programs FTW!!! i personally have probably $1000 plus of pirated software

+1

FL plus expensive VSTs, and Ableton Live 7 or w/e the latest version was.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I very much prefer Ableton over FL.

I haven't learned to use Ableton yet so I'm still with FL8.