But I would really like to practice. I thought about going out onto the balcony, but it's raining outside, and I don't know if I want to risk messing up my guitar.

If it matters, I have an Alvarez RD8BR, I don't know if it's solid top or not....

Anyway, my question is: is it worth the risk?
Not worth the risk unless you have some sort of cover like what the other guy said. You can also shove a sheet into the body and play inside.
I don't think the rain's been able to make it's way onto the balcony, I'm more worried about humidity levels. It's Louisiana, there's alot of that here.
I wouldn't worry about the humidity too much then, as long as you don't leave it out there all night.
I know the feeling man...I think most of the RD8's are laminate but I've played a couple and they still sound very good for the value...Laminate can take the weather like a champ and I say go for it, Sometimes playing in an enviroment like that creates some good stuff...Anyways it's good to see a fellow Alvarez geetaarist
Quote by mattvl
Not worth the risk unless you have some sort of cover like what the other guy said. You can also shove a sheet into the body and play inside.

shove a sheet ? go further into details, i got curious lol

i not only want to practice, but im getting ideas for a song sitting here, but its 3AM ¬¬ lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Just shove a sheet into the guitar. It will keep it from resonating.
Quote by engine11
I know the feeling man...I think most of the RD8's are laminate but I've played a couple and they still sound very good for the value...Laminate can take the weather like a champ and I say go for it, Sometimes playing in an enviroment like that creates some good stuff...Anyways it's good to see a fellow Alvarez geetaarist

Yeah I went outside with it. I did get a really neat sound (mixed with the rain and stuff)
I just didn't like the fact that when I was strumming I could feel cold air coming out of the sound hole