I just recently got my first electric guitar (I play acoustic), and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend an amp in the $200-$300 price range. The guitar is a Fender Stratocaster just to let you know.

Thanks.
^Yes

And to the Superchamp- A good option for a first amp.
Quote by Iceman 420
What kind of music do you play?

Hard to say because I play a lot of different stuff, but not really metal at all.
If you're not playing metal, look into some 5 watt tube amps. Stuff like the Blackheart Little Giants, Fender Super Champs, Epiphone Valve Juniors, Palomino V8's, stuff like that. Just go around and play whatever you can afford, and a Bad Monkey for an OD would be pretty good too.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Jun 29, 2008,
^You mean Epiphone Valve Juniors.
Quote by ttreat31
Hard to say because I play a lot of different stuff, but not really metal at all.

Well, if you don't need a lot of gain, a 15 watt tube combo would be optimum. If you want built in effects and the option to play with a good amount of gain, a Valvetronix would fit your needs.

I actually suggest either the Superchamp or the Vox AD15VT or AD30VT to you. Try out some 15 watt tube combos as well, like a Crate V18 or a Epiphone Valve Standard. And the Blues Junior/Pro Junior if you can stretch your budget a bit.
^Hehe, yes I do. Didn't catch that.

But TS, maybe something like a 5watt tube combo and an OD would be good, or perhaps a pretty good modeling amp (The Vox AD15VT or AD30VT) would suit you better. It'd be best to go out to your closest music store and see which one you like better.
I hear it sounds very familiar too, but I don't have any first-hand experience. I honestly don't think you're missing out on anything though if you decide to get the Champion instead.
I guess the type of music I will be playing mainly is like Muse, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and other stuff similar to that, so I'm just not sure what will help me to achieve a similar tone.