I have a dozen stompboxes for my guitar but I was wondering if I could use some pedals for a bass guitar?

I just want to use my E.H Metal Muff pedal. Because it has that fuzziness I love and for a bass it will just be great!

I am cheap and I dont want to buy seperate pedals lol but if I have to I guess... Then I guess I'll have too lol!

Thanks
This is my Signature.
You could but it won't sound as good, it'll take away alot of your bottom end.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
big muffs sounds sweet on bass.. you can get everything from like a fuzz to synthesizer from it
Ok cool thanks I'll just buy one for a bass then lol!

Thanks
This is my Signature.
A lot of standard guitar effects sound fine on bass....things like reverb, delay, flangers, and sometimes even phasers and auto-wah's usually sound ok for bass. Chorus, wah, distortion, and some wierd stuff usually need a bass version to sound right, though the EHX *insert word*Muff pedals sound better than most guitar distortions...it's an acquired taste though, IMO.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
A lot of standard guitar effects sound fine on bass....things like reverb, delay, flangers, and sometimes even phasers and auto-wah's usually sound ok for bass. Chorus, wah, distortion, and some wierd stuff usually need a bass version to sound right, though the EHX *insert word*Muff pedals sound better than most guitar distortions...it's an acquired taste though, IMO.

Auto wah does NOT work without being built for both. when I put my Q-troninto the modes for guitar, I lose all my low end and 90% of my volume.

Modulation effects should be fine. Others won't.

The muff series do cut a fair bit of low end. They just produce a lot of lower mids, to make it sound bassy ot untrained ears. If you used one in a show, you would plumet out of the mix.

There is a bass big muff coming out fairly soon, so that may be worth a look for a moderately priced bass fuzz.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1