My E and B strings played on frets 1-3 sound muted and don't change sounds until the 3th fret. I don't know what exactly is wrong, or how to fix it. Also, my G string sounds all raspy. What do I need to do?
it sounds like your action is too low. that means your strings are really low, to the point where theyre touching the frets. you can try to raise the saddles a little bit to fix that
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Since strings move in a circular pattern, they are most likely hitting on a fret. You can slightly raise the action to fix that.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by Beachmonkey124
How exactly do I do that? Do you have a link maybe? Thank you. =)

It's simple really, depending on what guitar you have.
I have a strat, on the bridge (I'll tone down on the vocabulary haha) there's little screws, if you tighten them, the action gets lower, in your case you'd better loosen them, that'll make the action higher.
It sounds more like a nut problem than a bridge problem. Note that the TS said he was having fretting issues at the 1-3 frets, not the 12-22 frets.
Check the nut slots. I'd be willing to bet they are worn and allowing the strings to ride too low in the slots, giving you a problem called "fret out", which means that the string is contacting a fret bar higher up the neck than the one you are pressing the string down to. If you are trying to fret at the 1st fret, the string is also touching the 2nd, and 3rd, and perhaps others as well, depending on how severe the problem is.
To be sure, and safe, bring it in to a shop to have it checked over. They may want to raise the nut, and at the same time perform a truss rod adjustment. It really doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the bridge though.
Quote by LeftyDave
It sounds more like a nut problem than a bridge problem. Note that the TS said he was having fretting issues at the 1-3 frets, not the 12-22 frets..

I agree. This is probably more your problem than fret-buzz.
Been away, am back