Hi
As all you may know us here in Australia are ripped off every time we walk into a guitar store
For example:

BOSS DS-1: $100 USED
You cant get a gibson here for less the 5 grand.
Even epiphones are insanely priced.
How much are Jackson soloists in th U.S??
Well here they are well over $1000
The only thing that isnt insanely more than the american price is line 6, but only the spiders! All other line 5 stuff is jacked up heaps.
Oh and dont get me started on a valveking here!
Even with the exchange rate its insanely priced.

Aussies here share your bitching
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
wow that sucks.

But also at the same time sounds like it could be great business potential to open a store where the prices aren't as much. Lower price, same quality = more customers, which in the end = more $$$
eBay my friend... There's a way around everything. It's not all Australian music stores it's just the major two - Allans and Billy Hydes.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
just look around on Ebay. even with shipping, im sure you can get a DS-1 for less than $100
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I think DS-1s are $30 NEW in the US...

And Gibsons start at $1000, Les Paul Custom is $3000.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I'll tell you what, I am willing to trade you my DS-1 for a kangaroo. Im sure you have extras.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Okay, but postage may be a problem, im sure handling for a kangaroo may be a little much, there is always that constant threat of having your nuts clawed off. I saw it on the discovery channel.

>.>

<.<
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by jake_1234
Hi
As all you may know us here in Australia are ripped off every time we walk into a guitar store
For example:

BOSS DS-1: $100 USED
You cant get a gibson here for less the 5 grand.
Even epiphones are insanely priced.
How much are Jackson soloists in th U.S??
Well here they are well over $1000
The only thing that isnt insanely more than the american price is line 6, but only the spiders! All other line 5 stuff is jacked up heaps.
Oh and dont get me started on a valveking here!
Even with the exchange rate its insanely priced.

Aussies here share your bitching

I was at Allan's Music today and I saw a Gibson SG for about 3.5 grand, so you're wrong.

The Australian dollar's growing stronger and stronger, wtf are you on about?

I do think the prices are a bit unfair though.
I left Australia long, long ago. Thank god, there's no way I could live with the prices over there.

That's the price you have to pay for living in a beautiful, nice smelling and FRESH country/continent/thing.
What about buying online, other than Ebay? Like Zzounds, our Musicians Friend? Is it that they won't ship to Australia? or is Shipping to high? or is it just the value of the Australian dollar, so to say, that the online price would be the same as you pay in the stores there?

I know the US dollar has been getting weaker by the day and we broke musicians here are feeling it more all the time....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Why don't you just build a guitar made in Australia? Matons are pretty good but they're priced pretty insane here in the States. Makes more sense to buy a Martin.

Plus how good of a guitar do you need to play Bic Runga songs?

JK