Coming back from the show now. Destroy Everything was alright. Time Again was terrible but anyone who knows me knows why I hate these guys on a personal level.

Youth Brigade was amazing and Casualties was a fun time in the pit.

My question is has anyone seen Youth Brigade before? I just saw them for the first time tonight and thought they played awesome. Great showmanship and taught Time Again how to play. I'm glad.
I've seen youth brigade. It was pretty fun, but they were all "lol all da girlz get on stage and dance" and it always bugs me when people do that.

Other than that, I don't remember much about it but I seem to recall it was pretty fun.

And I agree, Time Again sucks.
Youth Brigade didn't do that tonight but ye ah that is lame.

Time Again I have personal issues with. Their drummer is the biggest poser in the punk scene and their singer is a liar and a shady dude.
I just plain ol' can't stand their music, but if they're big ol' jerks that certainly doesn't help my opinion of them.
I was a fan of theirs before Hellcat Records they had a 5 song demo and I was coming out to their shows. They played some Rancid covers some Operation Ivy covers it was good fun. Then they kinda screwed me and my band so ... tell your friends.
I don´t really like Youth Brigade, I think they are one of these bands which offer free downloads on their page and when you take the two songs, you see that they just put on 30 sec streams, that´s ****

By the way I´ll probably see the Casualties in august........Afterwards I´ll take the guys, wade through the ruhr area cry: "Up da p0nx" and drink cheap beer
I've seen half of a Youth Brigade set before. I don't actually like their music, but from what I saw, I thought they put on a good show. Plus, from the interviews and footage I've seen, they all seemed like nice and respectable guys, so I'm cool with them.

But if they're doing that "girls on stage" thing, that's really lame.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by SexShop
I was a fan of theirs before Hellcat Records they had a 5 song demo and I was coming out to their shows. They played some Rancid covers some Operation Ivy covers it was good fun. Then they kinda screwed me and my band so ... tell your friends.

...Another account?
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by RockThe40oz
Never really liked their music, but I guess if they came around, I'd go see them live... but that's just because I haven't been to a show in ages and I'm desperate. I can't really be picky

Really? I mean since my brother lives in the ruhr area I have a possibility to sleep there and go to shows by train, this sumemr and autumn I can´t decide where I should go........Probably The Adicts in September and Da Casultees and Voodoo Glow Skulls in October, or maybe The Toaster or Propaghandi or Agnostic Front or some decent German Bands and Oi Pollo again........
Quote by lavazza
Probably The Adicts in September...

You lucky son of a bitch. I've been waiting years to see the Adicts, but they never come anywhere remotely near me. Where are you seeing them?
Yeah dood, Adicts never come to VA. I've pretty much given up hopes of ever seeing them, which is okay as I don't listen to them much anymore, but they're supposed to put on a killer show.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
You lucky son of a bitch. I've been waiting years to see the Adicts, but they never come anywhere remotely near me. Where are you seeing them?

In Bochum.......maybe I´ll study there as well (I hope I needn´t, but maybe I have to)
Quote by Jett Diamond
Yeah dood, Adicts never come to VA. I've pretty much given up hopes of ever seeing them, which is okay as I don't listen to them much anymore, but they're supposed to put on a killer show.

So the other night I was drinking with my "friend" Paul, he used to be really cool until he got way too into Coke and drinking....

anyways... so the other night were drinking and he's so ****ed up he's like slurring his words and saying "i wanna fight" blah blah blah basicalyl being a drunken moron.

so the only thing that he said that was worth while was when someone mentioned the Adicts, and he started talking about what they do live on stage....

and after that I've been dying to the Adicts...

They came to San Francisco a few years ago, I missed them of course, but most likely they will come to San Francisco again and I WILL catch them this time.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I saw the Adicts in Long Beach like 3 years ago... I didn't even stay for their entire set. I'm not a big Adicts fan I was just tired and didn't want to be crammed in with a few hundred sweaty punks anymore, so I walked back to my hotel because it was only a couple blocks away.

Quote by Jett Diamond

That's because a guy in Roanoke screwed them over a few years ago and promised them a huge guarantee that he didn't follow through on. Of course, it was because the Adicts asked for a ridiculous guarantee that was a lot higher than any other place they were playing just because it was a small club in western virginia... kind of a ridiculous situation in general...

Of course this guy is a douche bag that got into a fist fight with his last girlfriend and is now going to jail while I sit back and date the beautiful girl that he abused and showing her what a gentleman is

Quote by lavazza
Really? I mean since my brother lives in the ruhr area I have a possibility to sleep there and go to shows by train, this sumemr and autumn I can´t decide where I should go........Probably The Adicts in September and Da Casultees and Voodoo Glow Skulls in October, or maybe The Toaster or Propaghandi or Agnostic Front or some decent German Bands and Oi Pollo again........

I'm just spoiled as far as going to shows goes.. I'm used to having the opportunity to see local shows a couple times a month without having to drive more than 30 minutes... I just haven't been to any big name punk shows in a long time because I've been too busy with school to travel a couple hours to go see them.
Last edited by RockThe40oz at Jun 29, 2008,
I've seen the Adicts and I wasn't impressed. I actually liked the Adicts until I saw em.

They put on a show with confetti and a light show and balloons. I know that's the Adicts but I couldn't get into a punk show like that.

Was like I was seeing Green Day again.
Quote by Jett Diamond

Not even just Virginia man, they hardly come to the east coast at all. I'd be willing to drive as far as Philly to see them.

Speaking of NoVA shows, are you gonna go see Leftover Crack in August? They're playing some venue I've never heard of in DC.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
Not even just Virginia man, they hardly come to the east coast at all. I'd be willing to drive as far as Philly to see them.

They just played in NC like a year ago or something... if you really wanted to, you could have gone to that.
Quote by SexShop
I've seen the Adicts and I wasn't impressed. I actually liked the Adicts until I saw em.

They put on a show with confetti and a light show and balloons. I know that's the Adicts but I couldn't get into a punk show like that.

Was like I was seeing Green Day again.

No **** sherlock that's why they call it a SHOW

The Adicts are friggin tight, just like A Clockwork Orange, there lights and really trippy ****....

I wanna drop acid and see the Adicts, was just added to the things I do before I die

Edit: LOL, I couldn't help but notice you said Green Day Again...
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I just said I'm not impressed. I don't really get off to a light and confetti show at my punk shows. Eeeeeveryone that was at the show was raving about the cards they threw out and streamers and said nothing about their performance. It was a little venue too and I was looking forward for a very intimate show with a band like the Adicts.

Not my thing for a show. Good tunes though.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart

Speaking of NoVA shows, are you gonna go see Leftover Crack in August? They're playing some venue I've never heard of in DC.

Naw. I hate Leftover Crack, a lot. I don't like much real "punk" as it is, but Leftover Crack is among the worst, IMO. Where are they playing? My friends are probably going.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by RockThe40oz
They just played in NC like a year ago or something... if you really wanted to, you could have gone to that.

Meh, I didn't hear about that. Depending on the time of year I might could've made it down there. I actually used to live in NC, I was the only white kid in my neighborhood haha.

@Jett: The show's at St. Stephen's Church. I hadn't heard of it before (I usually go south for shows, not north).
Oh I've been there. I think I saw Defiance Ohio or whoever they are play there. It's alright. Tis just a church, y'know?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
Meh, I didn't hear about that. Depending on the time of year I might could've made it down there. I actually used to live in NC, I was the only white kid in my neighborhood haha.

@Jett: The show's at St. Stephen's Church. I hadn't heard of it before (I usually go south for shows, not north).

I'll be at that show. Magrudergrind, Leftover Crack, Max Levine Ensemble, and someone else. St. Stephen's is like 5 blocks from my friend's house.